Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Back appointment at last  (Read 23807 times)

Rowan

Re: Back appointment at last
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »

This what I have "the lady is definitely not me)

http://www.atlantotec.com/en/disorders/leg-length-discrepancy-tilted-pelvis-pelvic-obliquity

going to do more reading up on this, interestingly I have seen this in a lot of family members, so it could be a genetic problem, even more interesting is that I was a breech birth and had birth injuries, my arm was broken and I had to wear something on my leg for a while, I can't remember and in all my childhood pictures I have a good straight posture.

Could be that it surfaces later in life and putting on a little weight, up until a few years ago I was very slim now I carry some weight below my belly button and it be contributing to the imbalance  as well as too much siting at the computer!

Now I have the discomfort under control its back to the walking and checking out Pilates classes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:22:48 AM by silverlady »

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:30 PM »

I hope you find a Pilates class near to you and give it a go.  It has been a lifeline for me (or my back) and not having done any exercise for a month I was starting to feel it again.  Went back last week and I swear I felt I'd grown 2" after the class ;)

Rowan

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2014, 01:53:01 PM »

I am going to check at my Library. the consultant recommended Pilates.

The heel lift was not a good idea, I wore it all day yesterday and woke up to discomfort in lower back and hips!!! the first time for three weeks, have used Laser and it is easier.

My osteopath did not recommend using one as she said it could cause irritation, when the physio yesterday recommended and gave me the heel lift, I didn't like to say what she said, and thought I would give it a go, but she was proved right, so won't be putting it in my shoe again.

Rowan

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »

Pleased to see this was headline news in the Daily Express today

http://www.express.co.uk/news/health/456276/Laser-acupuncture-cure-for-arthritis-pain

though I disagree with the term acupuncture.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2014, 02:10:12 PM »

So is this similar to the laser treatment you have then SL?  Sounds amazing.  I guess they just use the term acupuncture so that people know what they're referring to.  Did you manage to find a pilates class yet?

Rowan

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »

Not yet, Winter is my excuse.

Still doing well with my Laser I have not taken any ibuprofen since before Xmas, I still get twinges but nowhere near how it was, now I am more confident with it I am starting to think about the other uses that the Laser can be used for.

Feeling comfortable in bed is one of the things I am most pleased about, if I don't sleep it because of coffee or an overactive mind, certainly not pain or discomfort as before.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »

Haha, that's a poor excuse :)  Most halls/gyms where Pilates are being held will be heated ;)  So glad you're getting some relief from the laser though, it must be making a lot of difference.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]