Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56

Author Topic: All things gardening  (Read 201983 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: All things gardening
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2015, 06:55:35 PM »

I would be utilising it! with advice from the local water board and a pond 'expert' ………. certainly it could be piped for incorporation into my scheme  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2015, 07:40:57 PM »

I now have a green house of sorts. Frame up and attached to the wall but the door is still to go on....and it has still to be glazed  ::)

Can't wait......my tomatoes are already on order.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2015, 08:17:57 PM »

Yipee - how blue was the air  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2015, 08:45:23 PM »

It was actually fine.....until when he was clearing up he discovered he had lost one of his new spanners.....then he stormed around swearing and emptying things out of tool boxes. I asked if he wanted me to help. Oh if you want to, but it's lost was the answer.

I found it  ;D  ;D...on the garage window ledge....where he had left it  ::).

Tried not to be smug.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2015, 08:46:51 PM »

:rofl:  ………….. went away  :whist: then.  How exciting ! 

I've set some lavender plants this weekend and have 6 more to find places for.  I also have 4 clematis to root, I got a bit heavy with the pruners  :o

bramble

All things gardening
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »

I have had to water my garden these past few weeks. This is almost unheard of in Scotland. I don't normally believe in watering plants that are in the ground as I believe they grow too lax but I have put in quite a few new plants in the last few weeks so needs must! The grass even looks as though it could do with a water but I stopped short at that. Glad to report the new pond pump is working ok - still have to clean out the filter and make a new board for the new electrics to go on so hey ho..........
Bramble
PS And yes CLKD I do wish at times I had an OH to do all these messy jobs for me........

CLKD

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »

:medal: 

bramble

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2015, 02:15:11 PM »

Thank you - I shall wear it with pride!

B.

Hurdity

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »

Aha! Thanks Taz for posting the link to this thread!

Any more gardeners still out there? Yesterday we had absolutely glorious weather and I dug out all last year's compost from the greenhouse ( about 6 heavy wheelbarrow loads),  wheeled it round to the front garden and spread it liberally on the flower beds along with some soil conditioner. Now the greenhouse is ready to be washed down and new compost dug from the compost heap to replenish, ready for the tomatoes and aubergines (hopefully the latter anyway). Will do that at the weekend as not got much on...

I also visited the local (big) garden centre, bought some plants and put those in front garden - where daffs and primroses are looking a treat. Going to add some hellebores ( somewhat belatedly).

Broad beans are coming up, tomatoes sprouting on windowsill....

I love this time of year!!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2017, 03:22:12 PM »

Feb. and March are my favourite months when everything is new.  I have pots of hellebores to set recently purchased; one is a peach colour with deep centre; amongst those that seem to take 2/3 years to get going then look splendid!  Early bees love 'em.

dahliagirl

« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2017, 04:34:08 PM »

I bought one last autumn, called Tutu, which has had no flowers  >:(  They should have been double frilly pink ones, naturally.

CLKD

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2017, 04:37:29 PM »

Does the plant have new leaves?  If so it may miss a year of flowering.  Where did you buy it from, if from Hayloft Plants I would send an e-mail for advice.  Old leaves need removing especially if they are black, some flower a little later ...... young plants often put their energy into leaves rather than flowers.

dahliagirl

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »

Yes, it has lots of lovely new leaves  ;D

I will plant it in the front garden and hope it flowers next year.  I put them on the outdoor table to look pretty this year - you can see the flowers better (if they have them).  The other one is very flowery.  It is called Winter Bells.  They are from BransfordWebbs.

CLKD

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »

I would send an e-mail even so.  Like snowdrops, they should be grown high up rather than in the ground.  I am surprised that no one has built a special frame so that the flowers can be viewed  :D

Elizabethrose

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2017, 06:59:56 PM »

dahliagirl, I've often wondered........ are you dahlia girl because you love them, you grow them?

Just read through this thread, shame there's so many ladies who are now black. Honeybun seemed like a big presence on the forum, she seemed like a lovely lady. Still have some of the other members posting though. It'll be great to resurrect this thread, thanks again for highlighting it Taz.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56