Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would this work?  (Read 12759 times)

walking the dog

Would this work?
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:29:25 AM »

I have got the idea into my head that if i stopped my periods my horrendous PMT and my peri meno symptoms would go away. I wondered if i went on the mini pill would that do it? Or would it make my symptoms worse as I believe the mini pill is progesterone only and i dont get on with it very well?

Has any one got any advice? xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Would this work?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »

How is your diet generally?  NAPS explained that PMT can be caused by a sudden drop in blood sugar and I was advised to eat 3-hourly 24/7.  NOT to miss any days/nights.  The idea is not to increase the amount you eat but to spread it over the 24 hours.  Every day.

walking the dog

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »

I do have a good diet i dont eat junk food, but i do tend to eat in 3 meals a day, i will try spreading it out its difficult at work as were not meant to eat in the room with the children present.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »

Aaah, that certainly makes it more difficult.  Do they have a break mid-monring/afternoon?  If so a biscuit/small sandwich will suffice. My mainstandby even today is a packet of mixed, dried fruits and nuts.  Grazing seems to help.

As for the mini-pill, it's so long since I took one that I can't remember the effects  ::)

walking the dog

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »

depending on what shiift im on depends on my break some days morning some days afternoon. I could eat seeds etc in the room such as sun flower, pumpkin but i wouldnt get away with a sandwich, the childen would all want a bite! I have to be careful of allergies too if something was unknowingly dropped and a child ate it!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 03:01:33 PM »

Tell the kids it is 'good for them'  ;D

walking the dog

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »

Just seen my gp for a different reason and she says the mini pill not recommended for what i was thinking so back to square one.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 03:24:02 PM »

Have you tried evening primrose for the PMT. It always helped me and I was really bad.

Are you on HRT....sorry I can't remember.

Honeyb
X

jcass

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »

Hi
I asked my doctor as well about the pill and it wasnt recommended, tried primrose, st john wort, anti depressants, exercising, nothing helps. Today I cant stop crying, I feel like the world has ended for me, then im laughing, then i think hey I have to go to work tomorrow NO WAY. Why do we have to suffer in this way, the only thing I hold onto is that it really cant last forever can it?

Chin up

walking the dog

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »

Honeybun im not on hrt as it caused my womb to thicken terribly last year .

jcass have a big hug its not nice this meno, my doc told me this afternoon the worst is generally 5 years so only 2 to go for me xx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »

JCass - open another thread and explain your particular problems?  For example, why didn't ADs work?

pixie

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:38 PM »

I used to get dreadful PMT. Took something called agnus castus which helped somewhat.  Since I became post menopausal, I don't get any of that anymore, which is such a relief, as I am more balanced in my moods, since not having any kind of 'menstrual cycle'.  However, I do sometimes feel sudden surges of worry and upset over different things I didn't get upset about before. Its really strange, how things seem to shift and some things don't bother to hoots anymore, whereas other things,   I get really concerned about me or family getting ill and before, used to take it in my stride. I feel less hopeful about some things, but perhaps thats part and parcel of it all.  I sometimes think about losing family members, instead of just trying to enjoy the time we all have together!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:13:08 PM by pixie »

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »

I am exactly the same as your last sentence Pixie  :-\ HORMONES!

Lindseyr

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »

Hi Walking the dog. I've not been on here for a while. Could you not see your gynaecologist and discuss possible suppression for your awful pmt? Would the Mirena coil not help as it is a low dose prog that works locally. It doesn't seem right that you should just be suffering. x

walking the dog

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »

Thanks for all the replies,

the hosp consultant did want me to have mirena but i was put off by all the horro stories i read about it! My fab doc back from maternity leave soon so im going to go and discuss things with her.... again! x
Pages: [1] 2