Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Calm before the storm  (Read 18974 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Calm before the storm
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 03:19:18 AM »

I came out of it yes someday even now 17yr after last period I get a flush but thats the Vagifem hehehe
My days from next April will be full 3 days a week baby sitting for my soon to be grandson yayyyy
There is life after meno its just a different life we are lucky some nevr get this far hey? xxxxxxxx

Gypsy

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 10:08:52 PM »

It's nice to read some positive stuff.
I was beginning to think that this forum only really catered to women who are having a horrible time and wasn't sure if I should keep reading about all the negative things that can happen during menopause - especially as I've only begun this journey and not experiencing anything seriously awful.
It's very nice to know that it doesn't have to be a horrendous experience and that there are women on this forum who aren't having a terrible time.
Time will tell and I know I might be one of the unluckier women, but I'm not going to assume that will be the case: just too depressing and negative to think like that, isn't it?  :)

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »

It's not a case of being negative Gypsy but more of being truthful. On the whole women who don't experience many problems with menopause don't tend to consult a forum like this so it can get a bit biased.

At least you will be ready should you experience any of the more uncomfy symptoms.

Taz x

Gypsy

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »

I guess that's fair enough, Taz. But it would be easy to end up focussing only on all the bad things that might happen, as per some of the awful symptoms I've read that others' are experiencing and end up getting worried and depressed about something that might not happen to me.
On the other hand, someone who is suffering badly may not want to read about others who are not having such a hard time. It could sound like the non-sufferer was boasting or gloating. It's a fine line, isn't it?
Hmm, lots to think about here.

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »

It's good to have somewhere to seek reassurance and support and to be able to voice concerns. It's often difficult to talk to those who are close to you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »

I never speak with anyone close to me about problems ………..  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]