Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Alternate Day Fasting  (Read 77561 times)

elizabeth64

Re: Alternate Day Fasting
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 09:12:30 PM »

Im doing this intermittent fasting to get rid of my peri-belly. it is definitely working. I am just doing 2 days a week which is quite easy. I have read about it on mens forums to start with as it is very good for preserving muscle.

How is anyone else doing?

Chillout

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 10:42:35 PM »

I've done two weeks so far and have lost 1.5lbs. So going in the right direction. I too am doing two days a week which means it's not hard to stick to. Seems to be having a positive effect on my skin, it looks much clearer.  :)

purplenanny

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »

Do you get hungry or feel sluggish? Do you have anything at all on the fasting days?

Purplenanny

Chillout

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »

I have a small breakfast then just herbal tea until dinner time then have a small supper - in total about 600 calories. Not too hungry >:(

Firewalker50

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2012, 03:03:20 PM »

I have not kept to it - but mainly because of hectic schedule and long days.
I have managed to do occasional days and enjoyed it.   I keep to around 500cals.  Normally couple of coffees, maybe a miso soup and a meal value around 300-400 cals.

Will get back into it week after next when things calm down a bit - and accept that's how it is for now.

Fx

bramble

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »

I wouldn't even think to open a bottle of wine particularly if living alone  ::) - it's the aisle that would never be visited by me if I shopped for one!

The trick is to buy wine in a box. Then you can have a glass a night and it doesn't go 'off'!.

purplenanny

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »

Hi
I was just wondering how the ladies on fasting are doing?
PN xx

Winterose

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »

Saturdays Times had a good article on this - worth a read,also gave some menus, want to lose 5 Lbs so will give it a go :D

Winterose

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »

3 weeks on and have lost 5lbs , so impressed. The only negative is waking in the night feeling hungry so have large glass of water and wake up not feeling hungry at all, just cut calories on 2 days a week and give myself 500 - 600 cals.

Apart from the weight loss have just  noticed that the brown menopausal patches on my skin ( which were not too dark and easily concealed ) have completely disappeared on one side of my face and fading rapidly on the other, amazing, will keep going.  Had spent a lot of money on creams that promised to fade them to little effect .  :)

pixie

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »

Thats interesting that the patches have vanished and well done on losing the weight too. ;)  I need to lose a few pounds but not very good at cutting down!

Winterose

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 01:50:52 PM »

If you plan the day and try and make it a busy day it helps, I have yogurt and prunes( got a bit constipated in first week)  for breakfast about 9ish then scrambled egg on small bit of toast, herbal tea, miso soup helps too, then I have been using M and S calorie counted meals in evening - they had a shelf full of reduced ones and from those you can work out how to make your own, basically about 2.5 ozs of meat and loads of steamed veg, it really stops you overeating on the non diet days as you are so aware of how many calories are in food, loads of tips for calorie counted snacks on net, 1 jaffa cake is 45 cals so helps if a sweet urge hits you , 5 almonds are about 100 cals .Its so good to see the stubborn pounds melt, :)

ann123

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »

Well done, think I will try this in the new year, really struggling with the weight!

pixie

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »

I am trying this today. Probably still eating too much!  One boiled egg and 1 piece of toast for breakfast, soup and apple for lunch. Absolutely famished now!  Cooking salmon and vegetables for dinner.  Probably more than 600 calories  :-\

Limpy

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »

Well done Pixie, very impressive.

I will try after Jan 2nd. Honest.....................

flushtered

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2012, 10:26:06 PM »

I could do with trying it too....after chocs are finished!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17