Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Confused and sad  (Read 103713 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Confused and sad
« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2013, 05:26:37 AM »

Hi ladies

I'm not sure where to start with this as I am so confused and feeling very sad.  As you know I stopped my HRT on the 16th May thinking I was worse on it.  That was because I started having severe migranes and floaters and constant loose stools, more so when i changed to patches, I also at times had underlying anxiety but i could cope with that.  When my last bloods showed a change in my thyroxine levels i was told to increase my thyroxine to 150mcg. OMG did i feel ill.  Agitated, going to the toliet constantly did'nt know which way to turn.  I blamed the hrt patch, which i possibly shouldn't have and took it off.  When i went back to the GP (unfortunately not the one I usually see who is very supportive) she said they had made a mistake and i shouldn't have been told to increase my thyroxine dose!!!!  She feels i am extremely sensitive to medicines at the moment.
Since stopping the HRT and reducing my thyroxine to what it was 125mcg I am having more bad days than good.
They're unwilling to take further bloods to check my hormones until they are sure that the oestrogen i was taking is out of my system and they have said that could take 2 weeks.
Yesterday had a good day but today really bad with anxiety and have had to take propanalol, which the GP gave me for anxiety, I have been prescribed 40mg 3 times a day but have only had to take it once since being prescribed it as I am trying to cope, I cut them in half as well as i am to scared to take the 40.
So now i don't know what to do the GP I saw said they wouldn't consider HRT again for me because of my symptoms but i know they'll try AD's.

I have also read that if your on patches and taking thyroxine, the oestrogen does'nt allow the thyroxine to convert properly?  have you ladies heard of this, and that you should take hrt tabs only.

The doc also said i that i did not need to take the propanalol all the time but as i needed it???

My mood is all over the palce, with my poor daughter commenting that i should be back on the patches!! I feel so guilty. :(

I have now signed myself off work as I am not really coping.  Night time and morning time seem to be worst.
I feel as if I am about to start a period but nothing so far :'(

I think if i could control the anxiety and sadness i could cope better with all the other symtoms.

Mac

After saying I dont comment on HRT hehehe
Well huny  me too Im on Propo thingy mines called Idirel and i take 40m but only 20m a day I too cut them in half
Be grateful that your living in a country where you can sign off and still get money so take it OK health is everything
If you dont want the patches dont take them sit daughter down gently and say this is what you have to look forward too Make her understand all you need is someone understanding you loveing you getting  how sad you feel &crying
Your not Billy no Mates love jin the blasted club I havent seen a period since 1994 at 42 early meno and feel crap xxx

Elena

« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »

Hi Mac

thanks for the update (Suzi the post you are commenting on is almost a year old now).

Did you ever go back onto the HRT patches and if so did you find out  how it affected your thyroxine dosage?

I am on thyroxine and understood that I  wouldnt be able to take propanolol.  Obviously this isnt the case ..odd !  Could definitely do with something like that for my anxiety.  Is that what you were given it for or was it for palpitations?

mac

« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »

Hi Milliemoo
I 've not gone back on hrt at the moment I am managing without but who knows what the future holds with the menopause.  Reading the diary I kept I don`t think it's for me.  I was given propanalol for anxiety and then the citalopram which really did work.
Mac

Elena

« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2013, 04:47:21 PM »

That's interesting.  Are you back on 125mg thyroxine as that is the dose I am on.  I have often thought beta blockers would help me but read that there were contraindications with thyroxine.  I'm also on citalopram.

mac

« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »

Hi Milliemoo
I fluctuated between 75mg and 125mg for about a year but I`'ve been on 100mg for 5 months now and my level is spot on. It's really difficult to try and get all the symptoms under control. My GP was happy to give me the propanalol and I think it is used thyroxine.

Mac

Elena

« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2013, 09:24:05 PM »

Well I'm very pleased that you got it all sorted out :)

mac

« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »

Until the next blip!

paisley

« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »

mac,
    I am so so glad you are feeling much better. I am not doing so well still trying to find a hrt to balance my hormones but not having much luck. I have a box of citralpram in the cupboard and think of you when I see them.I sometimes think of taking them especially since you had such a positive outcome with them perhaps one day I will.
Take care x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #413 on: May 16, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »

It's not knowing how long each blip will last that gets to me  >:( - I can tell myself all I like that this too will pass but ........  :-\

Glad that you are feeling much better and  :thankyou: for the up-date
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]