Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46

Author Topic: Pets Corner  (Read 142627 times)

paisley

Re: Pets Corner
« Reply #615 on: June 17, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »

I think we would all do what is necessary to look after our pets. My Labrador has slept all day. She is shattered & yes CLKD I will be putting a big sign on the gate as a warning
Taz2 glad your cat is doing ok
Xx

Daisydot

« Reply #616 on: June 18, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »

So relieved for you paisley what a stressful situation to be in.my wee daisy got dognapped out our garden in spain and I was besides myself.my husband eventually found her the next day hiding under the wheels of a car petrified.she was never the same after that.who knows what they did to her.I arranged 8foot gates that week.xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #617 on: June 18, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »

Oh Daisydot  :'(

I expect your Lab probably had a good time using her nose ;-).  No wonder she is sleeping .........

How's the cat Taz?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #618 on: June 20, 2018, 05:56:27 PM »

Our dog is now in full swing of blowing her coat!   :(
My god, I could spin it and make a wardrobe full of jumpers.lol  ;D

I think a trip to the groomers is on the cards very soon..lol  :)

CLKD

« Reply #619 on: June 25, 2018, 11:05:14 PM »

A lady local to us had Old English sheepdogs and she carded and knitted their fur.

How's Boy Taz?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #620 on: June 27, 2018, 06:45:43 PM »

Well, we finally blasted our Akita today, out the back,
in the shade, and the blaster was on cold, so weren't to bad
for her, my god, the hair that came out, was unbelievable.
It went everywhere, good job there's a breeze today, it went as high as the houses.lol
We were covered, shower needed, but she looks so much better, and probably feels better too, she just looks so skinny now though, but never mind, she'll soon be in full
bloom soon.....lol

Daisydot

« Reply #621 on: June 27, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »

She'll be wanting in your bed tonight Jd she'll be snuggling up to you  ;D ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #622 on: June 28, 2018, 11:01:44 PM »

Ha, daisydot,
She's just so big, she's nearly the length of me stretched out, lol  ;D
The big hairy thing, the dog not me, although.............lol   ::)
The weather is terrible for her, so bet she's glad she's lost a lot of her coat,
Poor baby,   :-\

Daisydot

« Reply #623 on: June 29, 2018, 06:44:14 AM »

My Norwegian Forrest cat is the same he's like a horse in the bed and won't bloody move over and the tail is like basil brush it's huge and all fanned out he boils me.If he gets in while hubbys in it's like stereo snoring I'm not kidding,the girl cats don't snore and wedgies like to sleep high up so we have a high cat tree that he sleeps on top of and sometimes the noise is horrendous and the girls go and sit underneath the tree and listen quite intensely to him it's really funny.
Yesterday I bought a dyson air purifier fan and we wondered how they'd react to the hole in the middle of it and as predicted the youngest one is very bold and it was hilarious watching her stick her head in and out of it and when I remotely turned it up she'd scoot away then when I turned it low again she'd go back and put her head through it again she's a wee weirdo but great fun.i returned the dyson it was too big and ok the air purifier is a good thing to have but the fan was no better than my existing fan.xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #624 on: June 29, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »

Funny thing is daisydot, I was looking at those dyson fan thingys yesterday,
And I wondered if they were worth the money, cuz they're not cheap are they?
I was wondering if our Akita would benefit from one, instead of these normal
fans we've got....maybe not, it's still warm air being blown around ent it?
Years ago, we had a room cooler, you tipped a load ice and water into it and it
blasted out cold air.....now that was good. Think we got rid of it when we moved house.
I'll have a look to see if you can still buy them, although haven't seen any around for years.

Daisydot

« Reply #625 on: June 29, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »

Mines was £329 Jd and not worth it at all as you say it just blew the hot air around.when we lived in Spain we had the portable aircon units you describe and I hated them you had to put the hose out the door or window which defeated the object of having mossie blinds and yes you can buy them here still but again to me a waste of money.we ended up paying about 2500 to have inverter air con units fitted to the house and that was like night and day because we could also heat the house but Christ our electric bills rocketed so no win really.im sticking with my little expelair fan £45 from Costco lol it's a powerful wee thing and the cats dont mind it at all.
Do you put rock sulpher in her drinking water??

CLKD

« Reply #626 on: June 29, 2018, 08:12:40 PM »

'Forest Cats' - do what it says on the tin then  ;D.   They have that thick coat for a reason.  If it keeps cold out it will keep heat out too.  I had a 'blow heater' which the Siam-cat would look at when he was cold or he would peer up the empty chimney then look at me like: "Time you lit this!"  :D

I would dry my cocker's coat in front of the blow heater on warm, always took it to the Lakes ..........

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #627 on: June 30, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »

No daisydot, we don't use the sulphur, she's very sensitive, we once
gave her apple cider vinegar because it's supposed to be good for dogs,
Solves itches, helps with skin, fleas, ect.....we only gave her a little, and
a few hours later started to vomit blood. My god, it scared the living hell out
of us, so we won't give her anything now, only if it's from the vets...
I know the rock sulphur probably wouldn't harm her, but we like not to give
her anything now......

As for the fans, I think there just a rip off, just because they look modern,
Far too expensive too..

Jd x

CLKD

« Reply #628 on: June 30, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »

How's Cat Taz?

Daisydot

« Reply #629 on: June 30, 2018, 08:35:06 PM »

Hi Jd you put the rock sulpher in their drinking water it's just like a big stone in it,it's very good for helping them cool but if you say you prefer not to then you know best,I used to put in my dogs drinking water in Spain because she had heart failure and it didn't half help her in the dreadful heat, sometimes we had weeks of it in the high 30s and early 40s.and my poor wee daisy would be exhausted with it so we used every trick we could find to keep her comfortable.
Your so right about the fans ,my son swears by them he has two of the combi ones but I wasn't impressed my cats lie quite happily beside the expelair,( I'm baking hot meantime lol).xx must get another one.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46