Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Letting go  (Read 26800 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Letting go
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »

Welcome to our thread Nan, I'm pretty much like you - no longer care what people might think of me unless Himself has a mutter  ::)

Anne B

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »

Well I had certainly let myself go recently as proved by going through 2 razors shaving my legs and underarms. Just couldn't be bothered up till now but thought I might wear a dress instead of PJs or long trousers tomorrow. Not actually planning on venturing out but if someone happened to come to the house unexpectedly they would think a gorilla had taken up residence.
Oh, and even gave my eyebrows an overdue tidy up.

Trey

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 12:13:44 AM »

Bra. I hate the damn things and unfortunately I have 36 D boobs.  Makeup, seriously, compared to a brain tumor, whats a facial flaw. Hair, can't leave home for a cut and guess what, I really. Really like my hair long again.
So au naturel it is for me.

ann123

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 04:17:32 PM »

I am the opposite, I wax more bits, have a regular haircut and colour and have just started working out with a personal fitness instructor. But my husband having an affair with someone 10 years younger than me and 17 younger than him, has made me more aware of keeping myself looking good and healthy. And I would continue even if we weren't together as I am also enjoying looking after me more! So don't feel like its all for him   :)

purplenanny

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »

I have often wondered what it would be like having a personal trainer. I imagine they are very expensive.

How often do you see her/him? and were they recommended?

Purplenanny x x

pixie

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 06:49:44 PM »

This is interesting - i have let go of a few things.  Due to the stressful nature of periM, I feel I want a much simpler life.  I don't waste time with people I don't want to be with, or who unduly stress me out with negative attitude. I am thinking along the lines, of things I would really like to achieve whilst still able and don't worry about stuff that needs doing in my flat.  My friend quite rightly pointed out its best to have experiences now and get my bathroom etc done when you are sitting about at home.  These are our golden years!!
I still make an effort with my appearance and try to keep in fashion, but I can't wear high heels, as dodgy feet.  I don't bother dying my hair, as its not very grey yet. 
I never watch TV as always on here, so wondering whether to bother with the licence. 
I sold my mini and got a more comfortable and practical car with a one litre engine and only £20 a year tax ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:51:40 PM by pixie »

ann123

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »

Purplenanny
No not recommended, I just found someone local, I work out 3 times a week and do much more with him than I would alone. Been trying to loose some weight nd m hoping this will help. Yes it's expensive, £30 a session

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »

£90 a week?? Wow! Well done though. I hope that your husband appreciates the new you even though you are doing it basically for yourself.

Taz x  :)

ann123

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

Yes it's expensive but I work hard so don't feel guilty! Yes taz he does appreciate it and says it is good to see me taking care of me. Don't think he would dare tell me not spend the money as it would backfire into a huge argument!!!

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »

Is that expensive  ??? .......... I suppose it depends on the qualifications  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »

It sounds good value for money Ann. I don't think you should feel guilty!

Taz x

ann123

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »

True and he is very cute ( the instructor!), it's expensive compared to just going to the gym. But he does make me sweat!! I am doing more than I would on my own in the gym!

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 07:15:41 PM »

Result then!

flushtered

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »

I've given up wearing padded and or underwired bras - so uncomfortable, not got a lot but now happy to wear soft bras.  Shoes are comfort orientated too, can't wear heels. 

grandy

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

I'm loving these pull on soft bras which are advertised all over the place just now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3