Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Letting go  (Read 26843 times)

one year in

Letting go
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:15:55 PM »

Following a remark made by another member on another thread, I started thinking about how much I have "let go" following menopause.

For one thing, I have started wearing a bikini.  I wore a one-piece for most of my adult years because I thought I was too fat for a bikini.  Not sure what changed, I just let go.

I also stopped shaving my underarms and legs in the winter.  And I don't wear make up often anymore or wear deodrant every day.

It's wonderful to stop having to worry what other people think!

What have other people let go of?

viv

Re: Letting go
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:19:04 PM »

Gosh you are brave.

I could not inflict my wobbly bits on the world at large. My razor is still my best friend.  ::) ::)

I think what I have let go is my constant worry of what people thought of me. Now I do my best and if they dont like it they can lump it. It has been quite liberating really.

Honeyb
x

coffee mate

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »

I'm with Honeyb on this one. I too could never let go of my razor, and I do like to look/feel good,  BUT.... if they don't like it.....tough!   Now there's one thing I have let go of - caring what other people think of me.   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »

UUmmm good thread ............. let go of: not much - yet  ;)

Probably need to ask Himself if he has noted anything that was a habit that I no longer do ........  ;D

viv

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »

I honestly think I have become more fussy about myself since I have become peri.

Perhaps its a reaction to getting older and feeling somehow less feminine. I dont really know. It had been talked about on here before...the increase in body odour. I am very aware of that and I dont like it at all.
I really do have a thing about really nice smelly stuff. Body creams face creams etc.
I love to come out of the shower and have a bit of a pamper sometimes. It makes me feel better and anything that does that is really worth while for me.

Honeyb
x

anita vadhir

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »

Great post......

Although I can't think what I have let go yet.... The hardest thing for me to let go is my kids.

22 & 19 two very capable young adults, but where did that time go?

Just as the meno hits me the empty nest does too... Even though I have always had a career my job in life was to be a mum so I need to rewrite the job spec :)

The kids may go but
The razor stays
And the bikini, the bikini wax, lip wax, monthly hair colour and extravagant weekly blo dry....after all "I'm worth it"  ;D

Neeta

jgr

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

I am with most of you on this, don't care what people think anymore, if they don't like me it is their problem not mine. On the other hand i would not stop using the razor and i always have my hair done and a little bit of makeup on. I would never let myself go so long as i have the health to do it.
I do it for me as i like to feel good. :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:34 AM »

I dont think Ive changed much in what I do since 37 when pre meno hit!
I dye my hair every 6 weeks or so
Shave under the arms though they are very sparse and mostly grey
Try to keep the fanny trimmed though I hate doing it
Cos I knwo i get an Atrophy episode every time I do it no I dont know why?
PLus they are thin and sparse too mostly still dark but so thin you can see me anyway
Im not as thin size 14 instead of 10/11 that I can direct directly to Vagifem and not working
The Vagifems made my tummy bigger and if I put a panty on thats a girdle type I get lower abdo painache?

Christine662

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »

I have 'let go' of trying to be the 'doer' so much.

But as far as my appearance goes am still the same. It makes me feel better when my hair/makeup is done &  nice outfit etc on.

Some mornings it feels such a chore, but i always feel better once 'am done'.

I make myself have a pamper session on Sunday evenings, shave etc.

Stumpy xx

Trey

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »

I've been sick in bed for a month, but am getting better.  I told Don that when neighbors finally see me again, they will think he's done me in and gotten a skinny, longer haired women.  I have hated my short hair forever and now that it is shoulder length, I'm gonna keep it that way.  So I'm giving up the standard old lady hairdo and will enjoy me instead.

latefortysomething

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »

I think if you can let go a little and live a little more and not worry so much, especially about what others think that's great....just wish I could do that.

I think for me I'll finally let go when I say to hell with the hair (been losing it, a fraction of what it once was, my crowning glory, really down about it some days)...I'd have it cut really short and then get my nose pierced....some years down the line I'm sure. 

I think just being yourself is so important, something I have still got to learn to do, better hurry up, 50 in 6 months time, I'm leaving it a little late... ;D (still a kid at heart though, 50 argh!!!!)

LFS

Trey get better!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:14:47 PM by latefortysomething »

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »

Don't panic LFS - 50 is the new 40 ;)

latefortysomething

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »

"I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several hit me at once!!!"

Great!

Ah!, was hoping you might have said 30, but 40 is fine too.
I'll start counting backwards this year...
Just strange thing being 50 though, not looking forward to it!
Perhaps I should get my nose pierced and rebel!  There something to do on my birthday (only joking...)

Too conservative LFS  ;D  (I need to lighten up!)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:30:50 PM by latefortysomething »

loonylady

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 06:22:57 AM »

Brilliant thread. Some days I feel invincible - no one and nothing worries me. Never had these days til well into meno.  Then without anything changing I become a useless weeping blob that can't move off the sofa. Reckon i need to let go of these blobby days. Or maybe let go of worrying about them, embrace them and buy myself a nice new duvet.

It's only 7am but feels like an invincible day - could be blobby by lunch. Embrace, embrace, embrace ...
  :hug:

Nan44

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 09:35:24 PM »

Don't think i have let go of my physical appearance, in fact the opposite.  I have started noticing fashion a lot more and started to shop as never before.  When i was younger i wasn't so bothered so maybe am going in reverse gear.  However i have let go of worrying about others opinions of me, let go of worry and stress a I did before which can't be a bad thing!
Pages: [1] 2 3