Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 861689 times)

Taz2

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 04:30:36 PM »

Hi Ladies - yep, Vagifem certainly did it for me though I have now gone on proper HRT as so fed up with the rest of the meno symptoms.  The dose is very small and once you have got the correct amount in your "system" you drop down the dosage to only once or twice a week. It made such a difference to me and stopped the frequent cystitis and need for constant antibiotics. I guess that its "swings and roundabouts" but, honestly, there seems to be no natural remedy to cure the dryness and soreness - the only way is to replace the oestrogen or give up on the  :banana: side of life  :'(

Love Taz x

Rosebush

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »

Taz how many tabs were you given on 1 script?   I have to see our Practice nurse for blood tests on Friday, dont think she can do scripts though, so will have to book in to see Gp, which means waiting another 10days >:(

honeybee

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 11:50:03 PM »

:)
Hi my Dr put me on Vagifem just over a week ago ,the improvement is so noticeable, had tried replens didn't do a thing Ky yuk so messy,so glad i went and saw the dr.

:ola:        :bouncing:

Rosebush

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »

Thanks Taz,

I have to see my Gp on Friday morning for blood tests results, so will ask if he can prescribe some then, really hope he will..

Well done to all of you that are getting relief from this.. :-*
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:25:57 AM by Rosebush »

Rosebush

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »

My Gp has prescribed Estrilo pessaries, anyone else used these, i have to use 2 per week for a month then 1 per wk and see how i go..

Taz2

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »

Hi Rosebush - I think that they are virtually the same as Vagifem. Have found this link for you http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001954.html but it probably just says what is on the leaflet. I hope you have the same success as I did  :banana: :banana:

Love Taz x

Rosebush

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 08:57:14 AM »

Taz i would settle for 10% of your success. ;D ;D

Gp did say they were virtually the same, so fingers crossed..
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:36:11 PM by Rosebush »

Rosebush

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »

Well used 9 of these pessaries now and the first 7 made me feel like my skin was burning, not so bad with the last 2, dont like the messy feeling the day after though :(

Do vagifem sting as well when first used, also i am a bit worried about the mention of HRT in the instructions, but just need the dryness to go away.. :'(

2hot2ofter

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2008, 02:20:29 PM »

Can you use Vagifem etc if you are on HRT tablets?  My bits and bobs are so sore and I feel like I have got thrush when I haven't so maybe it would help me and the throbbing feeling?   OUCH all the time.....  :-[ :-[

Taz2

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »

Hi Rosebush - there is no messy feeling with Vagifem. The pessaries are so tiny and they stick to the inside wall of the vagina - way up the vagina, and are absorbed into the actual skin itself. If the ones you are using cause stinging you are allergic to one of the ingredients and should not use them. A small proportion of women using vagifem report a sensitivity to the product apparently but I have the most sensitive of skins (well I did have till I started HRT - another bonus - no more allergies) and had no problems at all.

2hot2often - I would not have thought that you could use vagifem as well as HRT as vagifem is a low dose of HRT in itself. You should not have sore bits! Have you been swabbed for another infection if your thrush test has come back negative or haven't you got that far yet?

Love Taz x

Soupdragon

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »

Hi,

Copied from elsewhere on this site....

>>Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
This is usually taken by mouth or as a skin patch and helps deal
with all oestrogen deficiency symptoms, including painful intercourse
caused by vaginal dryness. In some cases, HRT is not
enough to resolve the problem of painful intercourse. If this is
the case, the HRT and local oestrogen can be taken together
for greater effect.<<

Best Wishes

xx

2hot2ofter

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »

Hi Taz 2
I have had a gel from GP for BV and he says if soreness doesn't clear up by Tuesday get swab from practice Nurse. 2 days in and still very itchy so there will have to be amiracle cure I think! I find its getting me down and adding to the depression I seem to be suffering at the moment.  GP suggested St Johns wort along with my HRT so I'll have to see if that makes a difference.  One week I'm confident and happy next week have problems venturing out and coping with day to day things  :( I haven't missed work as I am able to hide away in my own little office in and can avoid mixing with people on my very bad days. Thanks goodness I work with a very understanding 2 other people! LoveJ

soupdragon thanks for info maybe this will worth mentioning to Dr next visit if the Itchy bits not improved!

Taz2

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:24 AM »

Hi 2H2O - sorry that you are having a nasty time at the minute - am envious of you in your little office though as I am a Teaching Assistant in a tiny primary school (45 pupils) and, believe me, there is nowhere to hide!

Haven't you already had a swab done for BV? I only ask as GP's vary so much and mine wouldn't presecribe the gel you have been given until after the results had come back. Mind you she didn't agree with the gel either in the end and prescribed the tablets which, luckily, I didn't have many side effects from. Found this info http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068687/  but you have probably researched it a bit already.

Hope that you are not too sore today. It was the "smell" that got me down when I had it - felt so unclean all the time.

Love Taz x

Ladylily

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and have been reading this post with avid interest.  I'm sure that I read somewhere that olive oil can be used to improve dryness and replenish the tissues down there. Has anyone else heard this or have I dreamt it. I have recently come off HRT and suffering with vaginal dryness already,I am looking for a natural solution.  KY doesn't really help as I find it dries up really quickly.

Liz

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »

I've had dryness since mid-20s, around the time my libedo upped and went  :'( so we use KY jelly ........ [the Doctors have always told me that loss of libedo is caused by depression: they would never accept that it was causing my depression and that at certain times of the month I was rampent and wet ....  ::) ]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 79