Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 862262 times)

Carol2

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »

:) Hi Taz, Thanks for your welcome. I am making an appointment to see GP again next week cos this aint how I want to be and the forum has given me the confidence to challenge!!!!!!!!!!! GP said to use cream maybe three times a year

Taz2

« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »

Does it give you any info here http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001954.html   it's probably what's supplied with your cream anyway. I took Vagifem and really liked using it as there was no mess as the pessaries are inserted so high into the vagina. They stick to the vaginal walls and are absorbed into the blood stream. No mess and no worry about oral either!! http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100002706.html

Love Taz  :)

rebecca

« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2009, 10:36:35 PM »

I must say I am slightly confused here Dr Heather Currie quoted at the start of this thread - 'Because estrogen from these routes is low dose and is not absorbed significantly into the rest of the body, it can be used safely when normal HRT is not appropriate'
My Consultant said that I would have to take Vagifem/Ovestin for life and also stated that as the estrogen was such a low dose it is not absorbed into the blood stream   :-\

My doctor has never stated that I should have a break from Ovestin - saying that maybe I will feel better if I go back and see her  :)  Reading the instructions/warnings that come with the cream always makes me feel nervous about the product but I guess the drug companies are only protecting themselves fully  :(

Rebecca

suzysues

« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2009, 12:34:58 PM »

From reading replies here & on other subjects it seems that doctors are as confused as us! Which is a bit of a worry, as its the doctor that we go to & trust with our health!  :-\

Pussycat

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »

Hi Guys

I am after some advice here.  I have had a sore vagina for several weeks.  Eventually went to the docs and he said it was thrush.  Took the Canestan he perscribed and it worked initially but have got the same feelings back again a week later.  Do you think it is just vaginal dryness?  I had this before and took Gynest cream (think that was the name).  Am worried it might be something more serious.  Should I go back to the docs?

dando

« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2009, 08:14:20 PM »

Hmm, I would have thought the Canestan would have lasted more than a week. How can your GP be certain its Thrush without a test?  Maybe its not thrush and therefore the Canestan isn't having the same effect. Perhaps the GP needs to do a swab test and make sure that it is Thrush and not something else.  AT the same time, they can do a culture test and see what (if there is bacteria present) its sensitive and resistant to.  Do you have a Well Woman clinic as opposed to going back to see the Dr?  Sadly, with the meno, GP's can just try to fob you off with stuff rather than looking at and listening to you properly (sorry, but that's what they do a lot of the time).  Getting a proper cultur and sensitivity test could help you a lot.  If its not thrush or anything else, then maybe it is a lack of hormones in the vagina and you can address that properly knowing you've ruled out other stuff

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »

Being dry can cause itchy and soreness  >:(

Dede

« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2009, 04:56:37 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm new to this, the forum that is not the menopuase!!
 My Dr told me about the site after I told him I'd been driving myself mad googling in very symptom under the sun.
 I've just been for swaps for vaginal dryness, sooo painful, I couldnt cope. Anyone else found swabs a problem.
 I'm feeling like a shriveled up old prune.

Taz2

« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »

Hi Dede -  :welcomemm:

Sorry you had an uncomfortable experience with swabs but it is nice to know that your GP is taking you seriously enough to actually take swabs. A lot of us just get fobbed off. At least you will know whether you have anything other than the meno causing your symptoms and if it is just good old meno then you should be offered vagifem or one of the other preparations to help you.

Have a good look around the site. It is great to know that GP's are beginning to recommend us.

Taz  x

Dede

« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2009, 05:34:14 PM »

Hello Taz, Thanks for the reply it was god to hear from someone.
 I had a hysteroctopy, scan and D@C last year and everything was ok
Dr is pretty sure it's vaginal atrophy, tried Vagifem but it didnt work for me.
 My Dr is really good, she said she's safe guarding her future!
I've got to go back and have anaesesthetic ( is that how you spell it !) cream before I can have the swabs. I'm worrying now about why it hurt so much!!!!!

Taz2

« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »

Hi Dede - there is some info here http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068683/   on Vaginal Atrophy from which you will see that pain is very common and it gives the reasons behind this. If Vagifem didn't work then maybe full HRT is the next thing to try if you can take it?

Would just like to say that if you introduce yourself under the New Members thread you will receive more "welcomes".

Taz  x

Dede

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »

Thanks Taz
That was really helpful, looks as though thats what I've got. Hey Ho.... I feel even more decrepid now Ha
I wonder if Madonna has these problems ! Doubt it somehow.
I'll try and find my way round the other sites like you suggested, there's so many threads its difficult to know where to start.

P.S. How do I get the little men to pop up next to my writing, dont know wht I'm doing wrong but they wont move!!

Best Wishes
Dede

Dede

« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2009, 05:53:05 PM »

Back again Taz......
Its not just the little smiley men that wont pop up, I cant work out how to add myself to the Newcomers board. Arggh.
I've worked out how to reply to a specific thread but dont know how to start a new one, my brain is completly frazzled Ha.

Dede

Taz2

« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2009, 06:28:07 PM »

Click on the New Members Thread and at the top, on the right hand side, there are three blue boxes. One is called New Topic. Click on this and the box for your new topic should open ready for you to post.

With the smilies you just click on the one you want and it appears in your text. It wont look like a smiley but just like symbols i.e. brackets, semi-colons, etc but when you click "post" then the smiley will appear in your post.

Taz x  :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2009, 07:38:20 AM »

:-X
Well after 8 days of using Ovestin every night (again) it is feeling heaps better
Saturday and Sunday 150% nothing dinada made love wonderba to feel normal!!!
Monday bummer back again though not anything like it was thank god
I agree though every site says have sex its GOOOOD what when it feels like hell
Im very lucky Ive only had a few days when its stopped us
Its the constant never ending soreness and the feeling like your sides are rubbing together like the pubic hairs get caught and pull it makes you feel crapy
Dont know about any of you ladies but sometimes I feel so fed up I cry
I use Nutrogena soap  only wash my hair in the sink(Im English) use no talk
Cotton draws keep the hair down there shirt but not too short I dont use KY
I just rely on the Ovestin and a loving husband who takes his time (poor sod)
He never thought this was going to be life after meno you have to laugh or youd go mad One other thing does anyone suffer from going to the loo 10 times day
Plus its stingy and burny?
Dont really see cope you just endure yes?
Suzanne
B
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 79