Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 787194 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #1140 on: August 03, 2022, 11:01:18 AM »

Bounced

Bettystar

« Reply #1141 on: November 20, 2022, 11:30:50 AM »

Has anyone used Imvaggis for va? I have only been using it for 3 days but find it burns quite a lot when I use it and today I still feel sore. Is this how it should be?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1142 on: November 20, 2022, 12:39:07 PM »

Has anyone used Imvaggis for va? I have only been using it for 3 days but find it burns quite a lot when I use it and today I still feel sore. Is this how it should be?

Hello Bettystar and welcome to the forum. I also had this reaction using imvaggis. It felt like it really irritated my skin. I can only use Ovestin cream as anything else causes me side effects.

Bettystar

« Reply #1143 on: November 20, 2022, 02:29:34 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake thanks for your reply. I’m new to all this and didn’t really want to use this as I had been managing with Yes vm and yes oil based which was very soothing. Have you used these in combination with Imvaggis. The burning / irritation was really quite bad and I’m only 3days into 21! Today is the first day I’ve been sore all day so far and I wonder if I’ll manage the full 21. Did you manage the 21 days, one  each day and if so did you get any other symptoms.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1144 on: November 20, 2022, 03:28:16 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake thanks for your reply. I’m new to all this and didn’t really want to use this as I had been managing with Yes vm and yes oil based which was very soothing. Have you used these in combination with Imvaggis. The burning / irritation was really quite bad and I’m only 3days into 21! Today is the first day I’ve been sore all day so far and I wonder if I’ll manage the full 21. Did you manage the 21 days, one  each day and if so did you get any other symptoms.

I stopped using it due to the irritation. I also use Yes and Sylk. While the moisturisers are helpful they will not treat the actual vaginal atrophy and you will need to use localised oestrogen for life I am afraid. I would stop using it and ask to try something else.

Bettystar

« Reply #1145 on: November 20, 2022, 04:11:31 PM »

Thanks for info Flossieteacake will try again for a few days and see  how I get on. Can’t really see me managing 21 days!  :(

CLKD

« Reply #1146 on: November 20, 2022, 04:20:47 PM »

Bettystar - we have several threads on vaginal atrophy so browse round.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, deep in the ears, vagina, eyes as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  When I get the need2P I take 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops.  If U are reacting to the product, ask your GP/Nurse Practitioner for either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin'.  Let us know how you get on!

Bettystar

« Reply #1147 on: November 20, 2022, 05:33:52 PM »

Thanks CLKD will see how things go and have a look on the other threads 😊

RubyLouby

• First Flush
« Reply #1148 on: December 29, 2022, 12:10:06 PM »

Ive been sitting on the sidelines for a while reading all the posts which have been very helpful.
I now have a question about Vagifem, and hope someone can help/advise.
Have any of your partners penis’s had a reaction to Vagifem?

CLKD

« Reply #1149 on: December 29, 2022, 12:15:00 PM »

Interesting question.  We wait until 'afterwards' B4 I use the 'ovestin'.  Hopefully someone will be along with advice.

RubyLouby

• First Flush
« Reply #1150 on: December 29, 2022, 12:43:23 PM »

I use Vagifem 5 times a week at night and tend to have sex in the morning, so you’d think the little pessary should have dissolved by the morning.

CLKD

« Reply #1151 on: January 09, 2023, 05:43:06 PM »

Have spent an hour in the bath. After 4 months of not requiring treatment, last week I began using 'ovestin' but not soon enough  >:(.  I felt as though I had a cold in the offing - have taken 2 Nurofen to ease that nip which causes goosebumps and put 'ovestin' up there. 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1152 on: January 09, 2023, 06:46:36 PM »

Have spent an hour in the bath. After 4 months of not requiring treatment, last week I began using 'ovestin' but not soon enough  >:(.  I felt as though I had a cold in the offing - have taken 2 Nurofen to ease that nip which causes goosebumps and put 'ovestin' up there.

Aww, I hope the ovestin kicks in soon and you feel better.

CLKD

« Reply #1153 on: January 09, 2023, 06:52:18 PM »

Tnx.  Nurofen beginning to kick in.  Another tablet around 71.5 to top it up.

LauraInScotland

• First Flush
« Reply #1154 on: January 28, 2023, 06:32:11 PM »

I'm having pH issues so I've put this post here under 'vaginal dryness' because it's linked.

The pH changes have been pretty significant for me, but I'm so early that they've not tested me yet so no HRT and it's months' wait for a referral (3 months so far). About 15 months ago, I got night sweats, then they went. I got similar symptoms to gall stones and a few other things so they did all sorts of other tests and put it down to (early ish, but not early enough to be called 'early') peri-menopause at 39.  Now, I have:
- a reaction to my own sweat so I have to use sudocreme on my underarms every night
- minor vaginal dryness, thankfully not noticeably so for my sex life (though my libido is well down)
- itchy skin, everywhere
- Periodic Limb Movement (flailing limbs in your sleep, linked to restless leg syndrome) flare ups and occasionally restless legs (though the latter isn't really that bad, PLM keeps my husband up)
- and now cystitis. I was prone to it as a youngster, so I'm very scared of it because it had such a huge impact on me at college and uni. Particularly now because I have an hour's drive home from work and the public toilets are seasonal. I drove home with a plastic bag on my seat and I had to go in the bushes in a layby. Its so traumatic. I'd rather have the night sweats again.

I dont even have any friends in the same position because I'm so young.

The PLM and Cystitis flared within 24 hours of one another which was odd, there seems to be no other link but menopause.

My plan with the OBGYN team was a combined coil and HRT based plan. Since symptoms have increased,  I requested an NHS referral to initiate the plan. To do that I called the GP, they texted me with a self-referral number which I called. They told me because my coil is not for contraception reasons I had to call my GP back and ask THEM to refer me (what a joke). They did that and I got a letter two months later 'we're sorry for the delay' ...I have to admit I am VERY angry with the NHS team. The NHS claim to be patient-centric but I work in a public facing industry and I had to do everything myself. No one said 'I'll contact your GP for you and sort this' no one said 'are you ok?' no one said 'do you need help with this?' and what a waste of my GP's time. I should have just lied. I'll remember next time. But that's not a patient centric service, they didnt offer me anything and have asked me to do everything.

Anyway, it seems I cant solve the issue until the NHS solve theirs.

Vaginal dryness and pH changes apparently lead to better environment for faecal bacteria which can then lead to cystitis so I'm living in permanent fear of another bout which is further affecting my sex life and I can't do anything more about it.

Suffice it to say I'm not having a great time this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78