Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 860434 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #1035 on: October 23, 2018, 09:07:15 PM »

I have had the urethral burning for many years and it flares up easily. The Vagifem, vaginal moisturisers, Multi Gyn Actigel, gentle feminine  hygiene and careful diet, keep things comfortable most of the time but it is a constant maintenance programme.
DGx

suzysunday

« Reply #1036 on: November 02, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »

Is vagifem or ovestin better for atrophy and associated uti symptoms?  Been suffering for weeks since coming of hrt for pmb for 3 months.  Been on nightly ovestin for a week and desperate for improvement.

Katejo

« Reply #1037 on: November 02, 2018, 09:30:04 PM »

Is vagifem or ovestin better for atrophy and associated uti symptoms?  Been suffering for weeks since coming of hrt for pmb for 3 months.  Been on nightly ovestin for a week and desperate for improvement.
Vagifem is working well for me at the moment (only started it in mid September)  but I need to use it longer to decide absolutely. My test of it is partly whether it stops me getting UTI's over a period of several months at least but it has made an encouraging start. I have never tried  Ovestin but Estriol cream really irritated me badly.

suzysunday

« Reply #1038 on: November 03, 2018, 10:23:35 AM »

Ok thanks. I'll try ovestin as I have some and see how it goes.

suzysunday

« Reply #1039 on: November 03, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »

How often might you use the non hormonal moisturiser a week if you used ovestin 2/3 times a week after initial 2 week every day.  I assume its ok to use both?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #1040 on: November 03, 2018, 06:36:23 PM »

Use moisturiser daily but not at the same time as the oestrogen treatment. The moisturiser could prevent the absorption of the oestrogen - SO, use the oestrogen treatment before bed and then the moisturisers in the morning and during the day.
DG x

suzysunday

« Reply #1041 on: November 04, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »

Thanks that's a good tip.  At the moment I use Boots brand moisturiser that supposed to last up to 3 days. Would that not interfere with the ovestin if I used the ovestin the next night?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #1042 on: November 04, 2018, 12:00:26 PM »

The best moisturisers are SYLK or the YES products. There was some research done by leading gynae a and these two brands were shown to be the most beneficial I believe. However Boots are good at doing products that are essentially the same as the leading brands so it could be ok. It would be good to compare the ingredients in these products - you should be able to find this info online. DG x
I find using SL everyday very beneficial - I just fit use it in the nights I've inserted the Vagifem

suzysunday

« Reply #1043 on: November 04, 2018, 03:45:53 PM »

Thanks. I also have sylk and Yes but not tried the Yes yet.  Been feeling so much better down there since back on the ovestin.  Had uti symptoms on and off for weeks since I was off hrt for three months.

Witches Cat

« Reply #1044 on: November 13, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »

Hello everyone.. having been prescribed Vagifem years ago but deciding it wasn't really necessary at that point (doc said I needed it after battling to do a smear test) I went down the buy what I need when I need it road, so in the last 2 years I've tried almost every over the counter prep going. The best one I found was Replens, although very messy, and getting less effective by the day. But, after a bout of cystitis I went to the chemist and bought some packet medication which helped but didn't fix... pharmacist said if this doesn't do it you must see the doctor. and after a wait of 2 weeks for an appointment (very busy our docs)  I now have Vagifem and antibiotics. Told doc of all my self help, and of Menopause matters, and he was amazed and delighted. Even went with a urine sample which he tested in the surgery, and said it "had everything" in it. So armed with the necessary... I'm hoping to be back to my old self very very soon...

Dancinggirl

« Reply #1045 on: November 13, 2018, 12:07:08 PM »

It's worth using Vagifem on a regular basis to help prevent trouble emerging.  I'll be using it for the rest of my life.  I still need SYLK intimate moisturiser every day though.  I also use Multi Gyn Actigel to treat and prevent bacteria and thrush as my intimate area gets so hot and sweaty I'm pretty prone to getting things.   It is constant management and nobody warns us about what to expect once menopause hits.  DG x

Hillybilly

• First Flush
« Reply #1046 on: April 12, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »

Wow what a wonderful find!!!  I have just been recommend to Aloe Vera Gel (pure) for vulva dryness and it is absolutely brilliant best thing I have found so far.... really soothing ....been pain free since first use....I have also been told to try Calendula gel which is on its way via Amazon.....can't wait !!!!!  :-* :-*

Kkay

« Reply #1047 on: April 13, 2019, 07:26:06 PM »

Hello everybody,

I have a question about blood in the urine with VA.

DancingGirl mentioned this could happen - in a post from last year which I can't find now.

I've had microscopic blood in my urine for a few months (it was between 5-10 red blood cells per field and now is up to 25-30). I saw a urologist when it first happened (We thought I had a UTI - and that's how it was discovered - no UTI though). He did different types of urine tests and an ultrasound but stopped short of a cystoscopy. He said he couldn't find a urological cause for the blood but that maybe it was to do with low hormones but that I knew more about that than he did (yes he said that).

Anyway, one of my main complaints with VA aside from the vaginal and perineal burning, is urethral pain and pain with peeing (sorry, all this is very TMI I know)

Anyway, my question for everyone and particularly for Dancinggirl (I wish I could find that post) is has anyone else had this?

I have just found a urogynecologist where I live and will try to see her as this is really worrying me (ie I am in full-fledged panic mode) but would appreciate thoughts in the meantime from anyone who has had blood in their urine with VA (that was not an infection).

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:29:39 PM by Kkay »

GrannyAli

• First Flush
« Reply #1048 on: June 28, 2019, 09:39:41 AM »

Can anyone offer advice please? I am on the last day of a 2 week daily regime of Estriol before starting twice weekly for VA. Over the last couple of days it has really burned when I've applied it - both internally and externally and this morning I'm on fire. I'm not particularly dry and the very sore patch at the entrance to my vagina (the original reason I went to the GP) seems a little better. Could this be a reaction to the cream? I'm also feeling a bit swollen in the vulva/vagina if that doesn't sound weird. Or could this just be the ‘plumping up' effect of the Estriol?
So many questions!  Has anyone else felt like this and is it possible Vagifem will be a better bet or will it do the same? Also feeling nauseous, but probably just hyping myself up. I really don't want to not have oestrogen.
Thank you for any help. x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #1049 on: June 28, 2019, 12:55:11 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM GrannyAli
You are not alone with these problems.
I found that the oestrogen creams irritated and burned and many of us prefer Vagifem although this can burn a bit as well. We believe it's the fillers in these products that cause irritation. I find using vaginal
Moisturiser is essential - SYLK or the YES products are best. I also use a bit of Multi Gyn Actigel the morning after I've used Vagifem to neutralise any irritation caused by the fillers.
Avoid anything scented near you intimate area, especially shampoo. Avoid tight clothing and keep the area as cool as possible. Avoid caffien, fruit juices and alcohol but drink plenty of water.
Get some of those moisturisers to try and go commando with flowing skirts if you can to help calm things down. You may find that when you use the cream only twice a week it may feel better. The initial 2 week daily dose is supposed to plump everything up to stop any systemic absorption but many ladies find they need Vagifem  almost every day or every other day.
Keep us posted about your progress. If you can find the thread on this site ‘The Burning Club' you may find this helpful. DG x
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 79