News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 86038 times)

kpatton56

Re: Noise
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2016, 06:21:22 AM »

As I get older I love silence. When young I couldn't contemplate being without music in the background no matter what I was doing.

Meg

« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2016, 03:02:44 AM »

Absolutely relate to the noise intolerance thread.  Just cant stand the shrieking audiences on some TV shows, infact hardly watch TV at all now.  Kids playing football outside my house really gets me down, just the continual thud.  I have asked them to not kick a ball outside and of course they have me down as the grumpy bitch!  I dont think kids can move now without bouncing a heavy ball on the pavement!  I like kids, have a grown son of my own, but some of them can be so inconsiderate or is it the parents.  Obviously I played out when a child and we were sometimes chided by adults but I think football was a no no and we sure knew boundaries.

Meg

Dana

« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2016, 04:53:24 AM »

Meg, I think the difference between us being chided by an adult and the kids these days, is that we respected the authority and didn't talk back to parents, neighbours etc. We did as we were told, or we suffered the consequences. Kids today are more likely to give you a mouthful of abuse, or worse. They have been allowed too many "rights", and they know every single one of them. Their parents are often just as bad because they never teach them respect or consideration.

Yeah, I know that's a sweeping generalisation, and probably most kids are fine, but sadly the minority makes all of them look like insolent little sh**s.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:55:55 AM by Dana »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2016, 06:00:41 PM »

Oh don't get me started on the 'bouncing ball' scenario ……..  >:(

Meg

« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2016, 03:02:28 AM »

The bouncing ball scenario is incredibly irritating.  Heavy footballs being bounced incessantly, just cant tolerate it!

Meg

CLKD

« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2016, 02:38:04 PM »

Yep.  My neighbour knows I've been poorly and am still poorly: he spoke to Himself 5 mins. B4 going into his garden and to use a strummer.  When I get my voice back I'll have WORDS  :bang: :bang: :bang:.  If hadn't been complaining about having a lerrgy himself, but of course, he's had Man 'Flu [not]

CLKD

« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »

:ola:

CLKD

« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »

I don't know if it's due to anxiety: or if I'm sickening for a Germ : but I can't stand noise; TV adverts, the rubbish Ken Bruce was playing this week, people leaving their vehicles to warm up early in the morning whilst they eat breakfast .........  :sigh:.  Even Himself blowing his nose in another room is getting to me ......

CLKD

« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2017, 03:30:51 PM »

The neighbour went away for 3 months - charity cycle ride through India apparently.  I can hear that he's back, he's banging in his garage opposite  :'(.  Surely after all that they have done to the property in the last 3 years there really isn't much else to be done  :bang: :bang: :bang: ..... WORDS will be said!

Tempest

« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2017, 08:39:49 PM »

I can't stand most things on the TV! It's all too shouty....

The only channels I can rely on are the history and documentary ones, and only if it doesn't involve violence or upsetting images (that gets to me too - and I can't watch scary movies now either too)!

I also find I can't talk for long on the phone nowadays - it really makes me feel panicky and I lose my train of thought easily even if it's a relative. Does anyone else get this? :(

Menomale

« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2017, 09:12:19 PM »

Hi dear,

These are very common Aspie traits, I have been battling them since I was born... maybe that explains how messy our brains can become after the change in neuro-hormones, modulators and transmitters in menopause because that's exactly what happens in Aspie brains too. Call me twice exceptional ...   ::)

babyjane

« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »

I have always been noise sensitive.  Apparently when I was very small if anyone was making a noise I would say "rowww" and cry.  Loud or continual noise makes my head feel as though there is a tight band round it, worse when I went into perimeno.

Funnily I coped with a local music event on Friday night but I am struggling now, 48 hours later.  Being surrounded by sound makes me feel panicky and overwhelmed.  Daughter's wedding reception was fine (37 guests), daughter's best friend's wedding reception (95 guests) was a different matter altogether.

I take ear plugs with me if we go to the cinema (which is very seldom).  I took them with me on Friday night but didn't need to use them as it was a small local venue and the speakers were also small.

I tend to be a bit antisocial as a result.

Tempest

« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2017, 11:18:40 AM »

I get you totally, Menomale! My son is autistic - semantic pragmatic. Super intelligent, just like yourself! :)

Babyjane, me too! But mine has only come on since menopause. To think I used to enjoy going to see Metallica perform live....... :o :o

CLKD

« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »

I hate people rowing - brings back too many memories  :-\  :'(

..... and if the neighbour doesn't move soon  :bang: :bang: :bang: - I'll be over there with a hammer to shut him up.  There surely can't be anymore alterations to do to their property .......  :-[

Meg

« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2017, 12:36:39 AM »

Totally cant stand noise either.  Many people don't exercise consideration in relation to their neighbours.  Dread lighter nights because cant stand sound of footballs being slammed about.  Just want peace, quiet and tranquillity these days.

Meg
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20