Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 83

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 822331 times)

jax

Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #570 on: February 17, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »

Great news :-)
   I had siked myself up to start HRT,had an appointment this aft with dr, even took the printout about HRT and peri....
   Told her I was fine on mini pill, no issues but black cohosh is now not controlling night sweats and adrenalin so feel ready to start HRT.
   There was me ready to nip to chemist on way home and get my prescription....BUT
Dr said she didnt know enough about mini pill and HRT so she will do some asking around and ring me next week....Jeeeessseee....dont know whether to laugh or cry  :'(
I dont know why but its been a bit of a downer day TBH...Ive felt a bit weepy but havent yet, but I might...
NO NO NO! I am going out tonight to see an ace soul band and I WILL enjoy myself !
xx

Bette

« Reply #571 on: February 17, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »

Sorry to hear that, jax. As I think I've told you, my (very HRT-knowledgeable) gp suggested that I go on the mini-pill after I'd been on HRT for a while, so I'm sure that yours will agree once she's done some research. Hope that you manage to forget it for now and have a great evening.  :parti:
Bette x

jax

« Reply #572 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »

Bette...where did you get that video of me dancing??? lol
have a good day x

jax

Bette, HELP....Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #573 on: February 22, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »

Sorry to hear that, jax. As I think I've told you, my (very HRT-knowledgeable) gp suggested that I go on the mini-pill after I'd been on HRT for a while, so I'm sure that yours will agree once she's done some research. Hope that you manage to forget it for now and have a great evening.  :parti:
Bette x
Hi Bette, can you tell me which HRT your dr gave you with the mini pill(i AM 48)....spoke to mine again today after she sent me home last fri while she did research, she is no wiser yet and said I will be in touch..AAAAHHHHHH   my palps, mood etc are going from bad to worse .(stopped taking black cohosh last fri as It wasnt as effective but if you needed proof it did anything I sure as hell feel worse 5 days without it..lol)

Bette

« Reply #574 on: February 22, 2012, 04:51:51 PM »

I'm on Femoston 2/10. (I was on Nuvelle sequi before that but it was discontinued.) I really don't think that it matters which HRT it is; you're only adding a bit of prog. by being on the mini-pill too.
Bette x

neeters

« Reply #575 on: March 13, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »

I tried to go without it but after almost 2 years of suffering hot flashes after my periods stopped, plus not being able to sleep and crying all the time I asked for it and the doc prescribed a combination patch called Climara Pro (I live in Canada presently)  it helped very quickly and I sleep like a baby again, for the first time in several years I can sleep through the night without waking. HOWEVER, it has not addressed the other awful menopause symptoms of severe dry eyes, vaginal dryness and atrophy, sore joints and extreme fatigue.  I am also taking a vaginal tablet called vagifem10 for the vaginal dryness and it is working very well, but I am wondering if adding this to the patch is what is creating my joint and fatigue symptoms, I did have some of that before HRT but worse now.  I am having tests to discover whether I have vitamin deficiencies or thyroid issues but it seems some of these symptoms have worsened since taking the HRT.  this patch is bio-identical in part therefore I am not worried in the least about it.  I think those studies were flawed and only took a group of unhealthy women and gave them artificial horse estrogens and did not consider bio identical or low doses and health status of younger menopausal women. I am age 51. I will say that any of my friends that are on patches or other types of HRT look much younger and are more active than the women I know that never took it or stopped taking it.  while I dont think it stops the aging clock, it can give you better quality of life.  its a choice you have to think about carefully.  I feel much better on it, but I am still having other problems and I have to find out what is causing them.  I can't accept that menopause is causing all of my symptoms but I had none before I stopped my periods.  sure wish SOMEBODY would have warned me that once your periods STOP, your aging STARTS!

Bette

« Reply #576 on: March 13, 2012, 11:45:31 AM »

Hi neeters
 :welcomemm:
What are the ingredients in Climara Pro? It would be interesting to see if we have an equivalent here in the UK.
You might like to introduce yourself by starting a thread on "New Members" as newbies often get missed in the middle of existing posts and others will want to welcome you.  ;)
Bette x

jax

« Reply #577 on: March 13, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »

speaking of dry eyes, at 5am this morning I was woken up by what felt like acid in my left eye.
I had vague memorys of turning into my pillow and my eyelid grated my eyeball.
It was agony for over an hour till it calmed down. Of course, by now it was watering like hell.
I have noticed dryish eyes on and off but this was bad. Will HRT help with tat too eventually?

Robyn

« Reply #578 on: March 15, 2012, 04:32:26 AM »

I used to have a very negative attitude about HRT. Before I actually entered menopause I was pretty cocky about things, assuming that because I'd never had any problems in that area before, I would go through menopause without batting an eyelid. My attitude was “HRT? Hell no!!!”.  How things have changed.

When my (very severe) symptoms first started almost 2 years ago I still didn't want to do HRT, so I first tried bio-identical hormones because I thought it would be better (it really isn't, but that's another story). Anyway that worked really well for 2 months and then stopped working. The doctor I was going to at the time actually blamed me for my symptoms  :o, so that was the end of that.

So, I went to a new doctor and very reluctantly started on HRT. I felt great for 9 months, until it also stopped working. In hindsight I should have just continued with it, using a higher dosed one, but because I still had this mental block about using HRT I tried a naturopath, thinking I wanted to do it as naturally as possible. That was the start of my near mental breakdown over the last 4 months or so.

Basically, IMO naturopathy treatment for menopause is a crock and a con, but it cost me a lot of time, money, and mental and physical trauma before I had to finally admit that to myself. So now I'm back on a higher dosed HRT and I'm improving every day.

So, at the end of the day, my attitude towards HRT has changed completely. If you can get away without using it, that would be the ideal situation, but there are many women who simply have to use it. I am one of them.  I am also well aware that my needs will ebb and flow over time, and what I'm using now may not work eventually and I will need to change it again, but I'm over trying other methods. HRT is what works for me, and it's what I'm staying with, but everyone has to make their own decision. All I know is that without HRT I simply can not cope with anything in life.

Sure, the possible long term problems are in the back of my mind, but I can't be worried about things that MIGHT happen in 10, 20 or even 40 years time. I have to have a good quality of life now, and let the future take care of itself.

Bette

« Reply #579 on: March 15, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »

:congrats: Morwenna.
Bette x

Robyn

« Reply #580 on: March 17, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »

It was me who used the word "cocky", but I only said it about myself. I was very cocky (and naive) about what I thought I would personally experience in menopause, because in my entire life I had never had any problems with periods, PMS or anything. I never even got any symptoms during peri, except for irregular periods. I actually looked forward to the day when my periods would stop eventually, but I shouldn't have been so keen for that to happen because it was 3 months after my periods stopped that everything went wrong for me.

I would never assume anything about what other women suffer or make fun of them. A dear friend of mine used to suffer severe hot flushes brought on after breast cancer treatment, so I knew how bad they could be. I just never knew that there were so many other severe symptoms associated with menopause, because either no one I knew ever got other symptoms or they just didn't talk about it.  However, I managed to get just about every symptom known to woman. So, I guess if you believe in karma, I paid for all those years of having it easy...lol.....

I totally agree with you Susan about the naturopathic treatments. I learned that lesson the hard way, because I wanted to believe there was an alternative to HRT. It cost me a lot of money, anxiety, stress and suicidal thoughts before I had to admit that naturopathy/homeopathy is a crock of s**t.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:00:34 AM by Robyn »

jax

« Reply #581 on: March 18, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »

Question.... got 4 days left on green elleste duet.
I realised today that I have been confusing tired, exhausted with feeling weak.
I went for what is an easy cycle today and felt like I never cycled for months.
is this a reaction to the prog green tabs?

sue burrows

« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »

For Suzie Q
You say you are on Climesse, does this cause you to have a bleed?
Cheers,

Londongirl

Femoston Conti
« Reply #583 on: March 21, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »

Well just to update you all.  I have just started my third pack, month 3 and am feeling fantastic! 

I have had a few occasions where, in my opinion, I have had a relapse but on the whole am feeling 100% better. 

All hot flushes and night sweats have gone.  Also, the nausea I had been experiencing for over a year has gone to the point I don't even bother with my meds for stomach acid! 

I am sleeping so much better, virtually all night and the best thing also is that   if I need to rush now I don't come over feeling all sicky and hot like I used to! 

I now realise how bad I have been feeling these past 3 years.  Someone said to me the other day, Don't you wish you had taken the HRT before and saved yourself all those years of feeling bad?  Well, in hindsight, no I don't regret suffering for so long because I gave it every shot (herbal, vitamins, diet etc) and if I had taken the HRT before then I would never have known if I did the right thing or not. 

I know now that HRT is the right choice for me. 

Incidentally, I have started a small bleed today.  Spotting I guess.

I actually don't mind to be honest because I am sure it won't continue throughout and is just temporary.  Am I correct? 

Hope all are well
Londongirl

Christine662

« Reply #584 on: March 21, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

Hi londongirl

Thats great news!!!!

I am considering trying again.....

Stumpy xx
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 83