Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with joint aches  (Read 706943 times)

soo

Re: Tell us how you cope with joint aches
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2007, 11:14:02 PM »

Since my last post on this subject, the aching and pain has shifted from my hips to my left shoulder, how weird is that?!

Wanda

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2007, 01:08:25 AM »

I to am happy to of found this site.  I though I was going crazy.  It is so hard to make people understand  just what this feels like.  I started  with frozen shoulder which then moved to my neck and then lower back and now stiffness in my knees.  It is so odd that in the evening I start to stiffen up and   if I don't take advil before I go to bed I am woken up in so much pain that I can hardly lift my head off the pillow.  I am taking liquid fish oil  X 2 a day  malic acid and magnesium, vitiamin D  vitiam C.  I started this 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately it takes awhile to get into the system.  I am beginning to realize that diet plays a big part.  I got into the candy after Halloween and I am paying for it dearly... If so many women in menopause are feeling this way  why  aren't doctors addressing it.  Does menopause cause these stiff achey joints?

Tanny

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2007, 10:55:45 AM »

Since my last post on this subject, the aching and pain has shifted from my hips to my left shoulder, how weird is that?!

Mine shifts around too, sometimes I can go about two or three weeks with nothing at all, then I have a different pain every week. 

Cazikins

« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »

I have noticed in the last 2 weeks or so that I have been getting aches & pains again in my joints. Now I never suffered from any of this till the meno started. I went on HRT back in April & it soon stopped  :) then 2 weeks ago my right knee was really painful, then my left elbow & every now & again the hips start to hurt.
I am putting it down to two things:
1) It has been rather cold recently & I remember my mum saying years ago that when she had problems with her joints she put it down to the cold snap we were having.
2) I have put on over a stone in the last 18 months or so (since the onset of the meno). Therefore my joints are having to carry around a lot more weight & this must put pressure on them.

So I now need to move to a warmer climate & then to loose some weight, oh if only it was that simple. :( :(

Tanny

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2007, 06:52:35 PM »

Yes, I am also getting a flare up at the moment and am sure its to do with the weather, its so cold and damp here, got to admit I feel a bit like curling up and hibenating when its like this.

Cazikins

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2007, 12:46:30 AM »

Hi Tanny, here I am now 5-6 days from my last post, moaning about the aches & pains I had & now they have all but disappeared  :-\ :-\ - confused or what.
I shall probably wake up tomorrow morning full of it again  >:( >:(

Tanny

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »

That sounds good Cazikins, but I do find thats the way it goes.  Mine has now shifted to my hips and it has really affected my walking this week, however, the last couple of weeks a few of the other meno symptoms seemed to click in once again which had also disappeared for a while.  I have had quite a stressful few weeks, so not sure if "stress" is itself a meno symptom or is the cause of the symptoms, its all so vague, isn't it.  The maddening things is, I had been really working hard at all the healthy things, ie exercise, diet, watching my weight etc. there is really no rhyme or reason to it.

Libby Babe

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2007, 01:24:19 PM »

I have just been reading all your posts about aches and pains and just wanted to say that my legs have been aching terribly these last few weeks since the weather went very cold and damp.  I also developed a pain in my lower back a few days ago for no apparent reason and that is making walking hard for me and getting up off the sofa is becoming quite painful.

I know I do not suffer like this in the summer, especially when we had our 2 weeks in Devon in July/August I felt great and I wasn't on HRT at that time.

Let's hope this is just another phase and the pains ease for us all soon.

Libby
x

In pain

« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2007, 12:11:04 AM »

Hello Everyone I'm new on here .. 
I'm just 44 and have suffered the most awful joint pain in my right arm elbow area and left arm wrist area.. The Dr. says its rhumatics/ and tendonitus.
I have slowly become worse and am terrible at priod time - I also have dreadful night sweats every so often and worst of all I am very anxious and snappy for no reason at all..
Yesterday I had a breast cyst drained and the Dr. advised me a may be going through the change and has put me on evening primrose oil ( 1000 mlg per day)

At last I feel I understand what is wrong with me and after reading the post on here I'm sure ..
I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel in so much as I know what is wrong with me and I can help myself ( the fear of not knowing was terrible ) ..
The posts on here are such a help - I'm crying with relief in the knowlege ther are others the same as me and Ive not got some unknow chronic illness..

:) :)

soo

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2007, 12:23:10 AM »

:welcomemm: In Pain

And no my dear, you are not alone.  You will find the help and support on this forum just what the doctor ordered.  Anything you need to know and there will be someone on here who will have gone through exactly the same thing.

I have started taking Starflower oil and, touch wood, have been feeling less aches despite the weather.

In pain

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2007, 12:31:10 AM »

Thank you so much - this is such a help to me ... you are very kind and to find a forum like this is like finding sunshine on a wet day..
I have not heard of Starflower Oil !! Im glad it helps you ..
I have not yet felt the benifits of Evening Primrose as I've only just started and have been told it can take a few weeks..
I'm on at the moment so the world is bleak and as for the weather, well not much to say - it's not stopped raining since May ..

Take care - Im so pleased to find you all

:)

Wolflady

« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2007, 07:28:59 AM »

:welcomemm:  In pain. I am sure that you will find it as helpful as I have. The ladies are wonderfully supportive.
Take care and look forward to hearing from you again.

Wanda

« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2007, 12:20:13 AM »

Last week was a bad week.... I am trying so hard to stay positive. But there are days when I break down and cry  and feel sorry for myself.  I just want to be able to walk up and down the stairs again with out the hip and knee pain.   My mom turns 89 tomorrow  I sometimes feel that old when I get up to move...  Is there anyone  who is now on the other side free and clear  from the aches and pains of joint and muscel pain.  How long does this last....????????

Thanks Wanda

Foggy

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »

I'm another who's been suffering recently - I've noticed that my aches are much worse and my joints quite swollen around the time that my period is due, although I ache generally the rest of the month too! I also strained my back in July and still get woken up at night with that, I too think that there must be more elderly folk who are fitter than me  :-\

I have heard that boswellia serrata is supposed to be really good for relieving joint pains as well as massaging in emu oil, so I might give that a go if they aren't too expensive!

Wanda

« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2007, 09:16:08 PM »

I have been taking advil and just switched over to tylenol arthritis just to  take the edge off so that I can go to work and function  a little easier.  Does anyone else take anything for the aches and pain.. You search the net on the subject and everyone has a cure  and it is sometimes expensive.  People in pain would pay anything to get relief  How do you know if it really works.  Its kind of sad that the world is like that.

Again I would like to thank you for responding to me.. Its nice to know I am not alone.  It helps me cope a little easier.
Your words of kindness is much appreciated
 Wanda
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 09:45:14 PM by Wanda »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39