Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Worse anxiety on higher patch??  (Read 506 times)

Vicky81

Worse anxiety on higher patch??
« on: May 23, 2024, 03:43:51 PM »

Hi all just me again

So after everything I've been through the past 2 weeks, GP advised me to go up to 85mg everol patch. Did this Monday and from this morning I have been sat rigid on the bed with anxiety....I haven't moved.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Plus I started antidepressant 6 days ago. This definitely feels hormonal.  Im taking it its too high for me? I've had a wobbly head, physical feeling of anxiety all day
Woukd love your help

CrispyChick

Re: Worse anxiety on higher patch??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 04:13:25 PM »

Vicky, which antidepressant???

I'm very sensitive - to everything it seems. But even a small increase in antidepressant will send my anxiety and jitters through the roof for a few weeks. Then it calms.

I believe most have this start up reaction...

So could well be that. Xx

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 04:53:44 PM »

Best to change one thing at a time so you know what's causing what. Too much oestrogen can certainly cause anxiety. Perhaps you back to your previous dose and let the ads settle first?

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 05:02:07 PM »

Hi
Yes I've gone back to 75

I'm in duloxetine antidepressant....started 6 days ago on 60mg x

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 05:06:30 PM »

Ok. So stay on the lower dose E for a few weeks to let the antidepressants do their thing.

You may well get heightened anxiety and/or depression for a few weeks. It takes about 6 weeks for them to start working. Try and hold in there as it should be worth it.

Xx

Nas

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 06:58:35 PM »

Agree with Sheila and Crispy.. you need to allow the anti depressant kick into your system first; it can take a few weeks of feeling worse before better I'm afraid.

Not sure about your O dose, but if you are following the guidance of your GP, okay. However, you have now started a new medication and upped your O from 62, to 85. Hopefully things will settle over time. How are you feeling now? Sounds like a tough day? x

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2024, 08:01:46 PM »

Hi all

Thanks for replying.....I've had to taper off as the GP said they gave me too high dose ....60 instead of 30.....I had so much depression I couldn't take it