Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti side effects  (Read 571 times)

Ruby2

• First Flush
Evorel Conti side effects
« on: May 23, 2024, 02:26:33 PM »

Has anyone else experienced higher levels of tiredness and tearfulness while on this patch? I am 57 and have been using them for a month. Hot flushes stopped almost straight away and my sleep improved but the general low mood and tearfulness is horrible. It wasn’t straight away, I was ok for the first couple of weeks. It just seems to be getting slowly worse every day. Not sure whether to cut the patches in half or just carry on for the 3 months and see if it settles. I can certainly do without feeling like this, that’s for sure. Any advice would be gratefully received.  :)

buffy26

Re: Evorel Conti side effects
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2024, 10:05:59 AM »

Hi Ruby,
Sorry you are feeling so low. I dont really have the knowledge to be able to advise. I was on these when I first went onto HRT, I felt good on them at first but the effects wore off. I remember being advised to allow a good couple of months to let the body adjust. I know sometimes people struggle with progesterone. I hope things start to settle for you soon

Taz2

Re: Evorel Conti side effects
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2024, 10:42:44 AM »

The norethisterone in this patch does cause symptoms like this in some women. It also can cause PMT type symptoms. You may find that these side effects lessen by the end of the three months. You can use a different progesterone with the oestrogen only Evorel 50 patch if you want to try a different one. Some women use the mirena coil for the progesterone part or utrogestan. It can take a while to find the right one. If you cut the patches in half you will be halving the oestrogen also so hot flushes could return. Some women revert to sequi hrt which although it gives you a monthly withdrawal bleed means you only have progesterone for half of the month so that may be more manageable.

Taz x