Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How long does it take for hrt to kick in for sleep, no negs!! Desperate here  (Read 681 times)

Cheryl53!!!!

I’ve had enough this insomnia is crippling me. What are your experiences starting hrt for sleep? Give me some hope  ::)

sheila99

It cured mine though I still wake more easily than I used to.

Dotty

It cured my insomnia but took a while.

Minnie Mouse

Within 2 days, my sleep was 90% back to normal.
The sleep disturbance was my no.1 symptom, waking up every hour feeling crazed.

JessWare

• First Flush

I'm sleeping better now I've moved my utrogestan to the morning. It was keeping me wired when I took it before bedtime.

Cheryl53!!!!

how long did it take to work?

karab

My sleep got better within two days after starting progesterone (200 mg nightly, which is more than many others), and then even better all the time with estrogen as I increased it.  I probably reached the best sleep on my original regime after about 6 months because I could only increase estrogen a little bit at a time (my clinician wanted me to wait a month or two each time to increase my dose). 

Looking back, I would have asked to raise my dose of estrogen every month if sleep wasn't good.  My clinician encouraged me to keep increasing estrogen until I got back to sleep comparable to before perimenopause....I don't know if I am fully there, but it went from hellish to okay in a few months, pretty good in 6.  I am on a higher dose of estrogen, though, so it may take less time to get up to the ideal dose for others.  My sleep also wasn't good on the 100 mg of progesterone many take; I had to take 200 mg nightly -- with food -- to sleep well.

Kara

merrygoround

So long as I stay away from utrogestan, I sleep fine! Utrogestan made me so wired, no way I was sleeping on that stuff.

But I didn't find a progesterone to suit me, so now I take tibolone and the lack of side effects makes a refreshing change.

I think I have better sleep on tibolone judging by how I've now more energy during the day, but tibolone is known for it's uplifting, energising effect anyway.

sheila99

how long did it take to work?
3 months but my insomnia was tied up with anxiety and I think they made each other worse. I'm another who finds utrogestan makes sleep worse.