Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update on Papercut on bottom post from yesterday  (Read 1447 times)

DottyD68

Re: Update on Papercut on bottom post from yesterday
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2024, 04:01:46 PM »

Really pleased you got it checked out and all ok. You sound like a different person this afternoon. Great news X

Elliebee

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2024, 04:17:31 PM »

Really pleased you got it checked out and all ok. You sound like a different person this afternoon. Great news X

Thank you ! I dread going to GP as always fear the worst !

DottyD68

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2024, 04:30:15 PM »

Me too. Plus they will find something else that I hadn't even started to worry about yet  ;D What are we like!

Jules

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2024, 04:32:31 PM »

So pleased it went well for you. Yes, anxiety can make us lose all sense sometimes!
It just makes it impossible to look at things rationally!

I used the worry tree that somebody gave me recently. Its a very simple thought process but helped, I didnt overthink things as much and felt more logical. You have to open your mind to thinking differently and controlling your thoughts though

DottyD68

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2024, 05:30:54 PM »

I agree Jules.

I have used a mindfulness app for several years. It has been a long process but it definitely helps me take a step a back from my thoughts, most of the time! But I still have my moments.

Elliebee

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2024, 05:52:23 PM »

Our brains are very clever at making us believe things. After years of overthinking and stressing it takes time to re-programme our brains. It’s not easy or quick.
I follow Drkirren on instagram and she has some great advice !

I must try the worry tree !

Dierdre

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2024, 06:00:04 PM »

Hope the Chelsea Flower show is better in real life than what I have seen so far on the telly.
Hope it goes well for you today  :)
Thank you Ayesha .
Just back home from GP. He looked at the photos and said it was typical of a small anal fissure. He also examined me and could see it and said it was healing. It was a bit redder today after having to use the cheap loo roll in work this morning!
He gave advice to use stool softners when I’m constipated which is usually one a day or two before my period or rather scant spotting is due. Up fibre and drink lots of water. It’s the drinking water that I don’t do enough !!

Glad to hear all is well. Bit of advice re loo roll, I used to get very sore with it so use baby wipes now and not had a problem since.

Elliebee

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2024, 06:38:53 PM »

Apparently we’re supposed to pat not wipe the area! I have nice soft loo roll at home now. It’s keeping the skin moisturised to GP recommended aqueous cream or tiny drop of vitamin E oil .

Jules

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2024, 08:18:11 PM »

I agree Jules.

I have used a mindfulness app for several years. It has been a long process but it definitely helps me take a step a back from my thoughts, most of the time! But I still have my moments.
Yes it depends on how severe it is and how long its been going on. But these things are always more successful for people who are willing to try a new mindset and are prepared to carry out the techniques. I know somebody who it didnt work for but she already had 10 reasons why not.
Pages: 1 [2]