Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy - Again  (Read 4637 times)

Jules

Re: Vaginal Atrophy - Again
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2024, 08:36:21 AM »

Thanks for the advice.

As an update, in case anyone else is going through the same, the Vagifem has stopped burning. It took about a month to get used to it. I found I needed to use the YES VM more frequently once I swapped from using Ovestin internally as Vagifem isn't a cream and doesn't have immediate moisturising effect.

I use the Ovestin externally only now. I still find I burn there though - mainly after a brisk walk or sitting for more than a few minutes. Has anyone got any advice for this?
How much ovestin are you applying? I'm finding it hard to apply the amount I need. And I need it more often but trying to follow the guidance

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2024, 08:42:45 AM »

I squeeze 'ovation onto my fingers so that my vagina/vulva is moist enough.  A insert internally with the applicator then a smudge where necessary.  If necessary at lunch time and again in the evening.  KY Jelly also helps ......... Little and often initially can really make a difference then as necessary.  We cannot over dose on oestrogen vaginal replacement ;-). 

Ayesha

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2024, 10:38:47 AM »

What works for me is to apply the moisturiser first then the Ovestin/Estriol cream on the outside. I actually find that the cream is quite a dry consistency which is not ideal but the added moisturiser sorts all that out. One tube will last me three to four months along with the Vagifem.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2024, 11:19:51 AM »

That should be 'ovestin'  ::) ........

Jules

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2024, 02:34:29 PM »

What works for me is to apply the moisturiser first then the Ovestin/Estriol cream on the outside. I actually find that the cream is quite a dry consistency which is not ideal but the added moisturiser sorts all that out. One tube will last me three to four months along with the Vagifem.
Mine is only lasting just over a month. I'm finding as I'm aging and obviously it's a deteriorating condition,  I'm needing more to keep it at bay.

Ayesha

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2024, 03:35:57 PM »

It did come as a great surprise to me that after stopping the Estriol treatment for four days at how much the nasty symptoms of VA started to come back and how the discomfort was becoming as intense as it was before treatment. I did begin to wonder what was the Vagifem doing because its without doubt  I need treatment for the outside area.
I suppose without the Vagifem the inside would be uncomfortable but most of my pain and discomfort emanates from the outside and with a half pea sized amount of Estriol twice a day that was and is enough to get me back to feeling normal again.     
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 03:37:50 PM by Ayesha »

Jules

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 04:58:32 PM »

Maybe I should use less but twice a day

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2024, 05:29:51 PM »

The same Jules but twice a day for 3/4 days .......... it's about managing the condition and with regular treatment, it is not a deteriorating condition. 

Jules

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2024, 05:32:50 PM »

The same Jules but twice a day for 3/4 days .......... it's about managing the condition and with regular treatment, it is not a deteriorating condition.
It must be as my treatment has worked for 9 months and now it's not as effective

Joaniepat

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2024, 07:13:05 PM »

It did come as a great surprise to me that after stopping the Estriol treatment for four days at how much the nasty symptoms of VA started to come back and how the discomfort was becoming as intense as it was before treatment. I did begin to wonder what was the Vagifem doing because its without doubt  I need treatment for the outside area.
I suppose without the Vagifem the inside would be uncomfortable but most of my pain and discomfort emanates from the outside and with a half pea sized amount of Estriol twice a day that was and is enough to get me back to feeling normal again.   
The vulva and lower part of the vagina have a different blood supply from the upper two thirds of the vagina, which is why so many people need the estriol cream as well as the estradiol pessaries.
JP x

Ayesha

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2024, 07:27:12 PM »

Well that explains a lot, Joaniepat, and certainly makes more sense to me.

Ayesha

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2024, 07:32:58 PM »

It must be as my treatment has worked for 9 months and now it's not as effective

Its most definitely a deteriorating condition which is why its vital to keep up with the treatment and if not, you go back to square one! 
I've proved a lot to myself by my little experiment of stopping Estriol, it means I can never be without it. They say treatment is for life and I can now confirm that.

Jules

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2024, 07:56:58 PM »

Its most definitely a deteriorating condition which is why its vital to keep up with the treatment and if not, you go back to square one! 
I've proved a lot to myself by my little experiment of stopping Estriol, it means I can never be without it. They say treatment is for life and I can now confirm that.
My GP told me I'd need to use vsgifem for life.

Ayesha

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2024, 02:01:54 PM »

Now that I know its the Estriol I need the most I have started to reduce the Vagifem to six a week and in time reduce further to five. Hopefully this experiment will work better than the last one as it will be nice to have a break from the daily regime (grind) of inserting the pessary every day for the rest of my life.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2024, 02:03:46 PM »

:thankyou:  Joaniepat!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5