Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Periods peri menopausal  (Read 244 times)

Rubystar

• First Flush
Periods peri menopausal
« on: May 13, 2024, 03:08:08 PM »

Hi I’m new so not sure if I’m doing this right !
I’m nearly 47 & over the last 5 years I’ve skipped a period or 2.Last year I missed 4 in a row, the first period I got afterwards was heavy & lasted 2 weeks & the period after that last 10 days. My periods then went back to normal for 7 months & then I missed 3 in a row.But this time I’ve been on for 2 weeks off for 2 weeks light some days slightly heavier the next. Is this normal ? My anxiety is really bad & I’m not sleeping well either. I’ve started taking supplements to see if this will help.
Has anyone else had periods like this  :'(

Dorothy Gale

Re: Periods peri menopausal
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 03:30:50 PM »

Hi.  :welcomemm:

Lovely to meet you and we will all try to help anytime.

If you're concerned I'd always suggest a chat with your gp.....

But what I can say, and I expect other lovely ladies on here will say the same, is that what you're experiencing is COMPLETELY NORMAL and exactly how my periods went in the last few years before my periods stopped if that's of any reassurance.

Xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 03:37:14 PM »

It's The Change - does what is says on the tin  ::)  :welcomemm:  peri-menopause are the years when periods may wax and wane: mine came and went for a few years B4 disappearing.  Fortunately I didn't have many symptoms other than intense anxiety  :-\

Once we have been 12-14 months without a bleed/show we can consider that we are in menopause proper : though Mother Nature can throw in the curved ball which means counting from 1 all over again. 

Read round. Make notes.  The 'bladder issues' and threads about vaginal atrophy are important, make notes ;-).  4warned is 4armed.  Let us know how you get on.

Rubystar

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 03:51:33 PM »

Thank you x

I know it’s the a classic symptom of perimenopause but when it happens it scares you ! Especially having anxiety it puts the worst case scenarios in my head.