Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestriol level age 56 on oestrogel  (Read 250 times)

Carrie

Oestriol level age 56 on oestrogel
« on: May 09, 2024, 03:54:57 PM »

My blood result is 583 for oestriol level on 2-3 pumps oestrogen gel. Is this high? I have been having weight gain some hot flushes mood fluctuations so thought that was due to low oestrogen. I have coil but gp has started me on uterogestan. I don’t think I need it in view of having coil in.

Bungo

Re: Oestriol level age 56 on oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 08:09:33 AM »

When you tested bloods, when had you applied the gel previously? Is there a danger of contamination if had applied to the arm where blood was taken from?

Carrie

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 04:49:41 PM »

Hi no I applied to upper arm and blood taken from vein lower down.

AKatieD

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 07:02:49 PM »

I have had them go wonky and appear much higher than should be, inly for another test later to show back to normal. Worth a retest to be sure

Carrie

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 07:08:51 PM »

I’m not that concerned my symptoms actually suggest I increase my oestrogel so I’m going to have 3 pumps per day. I read on another thread that levels can go up to over 600 even 800 for some. I’m going to do that until I go for appointment in another clinic

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 08:15:53 AM »

Hi Carrie - I think you mean estradiol (oestradiol). yes that is quite a high level but not exceptionally so, and yes if the blood is taken from the same arm to which the gel is applied this can skew results as far as I understand - and also probably depends when the blood was taken in relation to where you apply the gel?

You don't need utrogestan if you have the Mirena coil and it is still in date (officially 4 years for HRT but can be effective for 5 years I think). Excessive progesterone can sometimes increase hot flushes in women - some women on cyclical HRT actually increase their oestrogen whwn on the prog part of the cycle because of this.

Weight gain can have a variety of causes.

I would stop the utrogestan, see how you feel after a couple of weeks and if still experiences flushes and sweats then try and increase the gel dose as you auggested, and see how you get on.

Hurdity x