Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone in peri who has had month-long periods?  (Read 217 times)

She24

• First Flush
Anyone in peri who has had month-long periods?
« on: May 08, 2024, 11:26:22 AM »

Hi, I’m a new member to this forum. I’m in the perimenopause stage, age 51 and I was wondering if anyone experienced really long periods? What would be your longest period? Mine is now on the 4th week mark and I have done the ultrasound scan. What was your experience like and what helped with stopping the bleeding for you? Thanks in advance.

Hannahlou

Re: Anyone in peri who has had month-long periods?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 12:46:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum she24. I had a really long period last March and it lasted for 5 weeks. I didn’t have a scan as my GP wasn’t worried about it and said it happens in Peri. She did give me some Provera to take if I wanted to, but I just let it run its course and it stopped on its own. Hasn’t happened since then. I’m sure others will be along with their advice and experiences too. It’s good that you’ve had a scan if the GP felt it necessary. Some like to do this for reassurance and others like to watch and wait. I hope it stops soon for you
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 03:54:30 PM by Hannahlou »

She24

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 01:37:39 PM »

Thanks so much for replying. I’m having so much anxiety over this. My period has been light but it doesn’t seem to show any signs of ending. Still waiting for the ultrasound results from my doctor which is also adding to the anxiety. I’m glad that yours just stopped on its own. I wish mine will also stop soon! Thanks for sharing.

Hannahlou

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 03:53:17 PM »

Thanks so much for replying. I’m having so much anxiety over this. My period has been light but it doesn’t seem to show any signs of ending. Still waiting for the ultrasound results from my doctor which is also adding to the anxiety. I’m glad that yours just stopped on its own. I wish mine will also stop soon! Thanks for sharing.
I couldn’t read your post and not reply to you as that was me exactly just over a year ago. I was so anxious about it and getting in a panic every now and then about it. The ladies on here reassured me that this can happen but to get it checked out just in case, and sure enough it did eventually stop after 5 weeks. Mine was light too and just went on and on.  It’s good you’ve had a scan and it is an anxious time waiting for the results.  Did you miss a period before this long bleed? Sometimes that can be the reason for it too.  Come back on here whenever you feel you need the support. Day or night, someone is always here when you need them ❤️
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 03:56:36 PM by Hannahlou »

She24

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 05:00:00 PM »

Thank you so much Hannahlou. I have been feeling panic attacks every now and then and imagining worst case scenarios. I really hope mine gets resolved soon.

Hannahlou

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 05:03:08 PM »

Thank you so much Hannahlou. I have been feeling panic attacks every now and then and imagining worst case scenarios. I really hope mine gets resolved soon.

You’re welcome 🥰

I was exactly the same. Thinking there was something seriously wrong. Hopefully you’ll get your results soon and can put your mind at rest. Let me know how you get on

Hannahlou

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 05:07:34 PM »

She24 I have PM’d you 🥰

She24

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 06:54:32 PM »

I just saw your message! Thank you so much!!! ❤️

Hannahlou

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 07:00:01 PM »

I just saw your message! Thank you so much!!! ❤️

🥰