Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Really need your help - terrible anxiety  (Read 588 times)

Vicky81

Really need your help - terrible anxiety
« on: May 08, 2024, 06:59:46 AM »

Hello everyone - me again.
Firstly just want to apologise if i seem repetitive - I'm in a anxious state.

So background - 27th February i decided to up my patch to 75mg from 65mg (cut down with scissors)
29th Feb - ended up in A&E with really bad floor moving, Eye floaters more present, eye flash head lifting etc - now I know this is too high Oestrogen as i have tried this before -but not to get these sorts of reactions. When i have upped to the full 75 in the past all i got was head lifting - so thought i wont try this again - but stupidly did!

Since the 29th Feb i first suffered head lifting/room spinning/nausea for weeks, then at 6 week mark the heady symptoms went. I am now on week 10 (tomorrow) of me being back on my 65mg.

BUT -  I am having teary spells (yesterday( and feeling it now at work - but holding it back. Very jittery anxiety feel - Waking up with that heart racing a bit - anxious feel upon waking (which i never had previously before i upped)
So the heady symptoms stopped, now its gone to sleeping - first it was insomnia, now im sleeping soundly - infact i think im sleeping too deeply with vivid dreams - these dreams started back on the come down from the 75mg.
Yesterday i went to leave my flat for a jog, but tears came out of nowhere! Right on the street! I havent had this since all this Peri started in 2021.
This morning i got up, but then felt very moody. very moody feeling in car, then queing up to get into work - i felt so low and tearrful, physical jittrery anxirty.

Just to note i take Yasmin combined pill (which has been great) and the 65mg patch - i take this extra s i did get small night sweats around a year ago.

I went up from 50mg, then settled on 62.5mg - but on this i started with the night sweats  - so from January this year have been on 65mg - no jitters/bad mood  - was going out to pubs etc - no anxiety.

I should never have upped my patch in feb, i know this as its caused me so much upset that i cant get on with my life at the moment. Only reason i upped was because i was having a pill break but took extra progesterone (provera) 5 days before my bleed - but after the bleed i get terrible bad moods - so i though by upping my oestrogen i would be doing some good - NOPE!!

So - just to ask - Do you peeps think my 65mg is too low? I hope not because going up seems so daunting! And my mood was bob on/no anxiety before i messed around with the dose - upping too high too fast.

So on this at present - I am having no night sweats, no sore boobs, sleeping well.

But im getting - vivid dreams, anxiety, moodiness  - a friend that i made on here keeps telling me your 65mg is still settling and because you are sleeping too heavy - its causing anxiety? - and for me to wait it out til 3 month mark (29th May) after all the room spinning feelings did go after 6 weeks.

Am i being impatient? What do you ladies think?

Thank you so much really hope you can help/advise me xxxx

lisa06031510

Re: Really need your help - terrible anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 07:28:17 AM »

The worse thing you can do is newt yourself up for trialling something that you would think would help...it's so hard to know what is best and our body always needs less or more HRT as we get older anyway. Just ask the Dr next time... I've always just done what I want lol.. but the new amount can take a while to settle.

I would say go to the Dr as with anxiety it could be another symptom and they can offer extra help with that one... Don't suffer alone and ask if they can help you... I had it really bad in my first 2 years and left it and had a mental breakdown.. so it is Der worth asking for help

Lisa

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 08:04:46 AM »

Anxiety floors me.  Years ago (1990s) I was prescribed Valium 10 mg 3 times a day under GP guidance.  Dropped to 5mg 3 times a day then 'as necessary'.  During the 2000s I was prescribed Propranolol which really helped, taken every night.

Now I have an emergency tablet when anxiety floors me.   Even if you are on HRT U may require appropriate anti-anxiety medication.  Also, upping HRT suddenly can throw the body into free fall so gradual adjustments may be wiser.  i.e. usual regime then add a little extra every 3rd night and see how the body reacts?

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 12:29:01 PM »

Thanks so much guys xxx

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 12:44:33 PM »

Anxiety and particularly feeling jittery can be from too much oestrogen (though of course anxiety can be from oestrogen deficiency and other causes too).

joziel

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 03:38:25 PM »

Maybe everyone else didn't read this far but....

You're on Yasmin combined pill AND 62mg HRT? It's very likely you are on too much estrogen. I've never heard of anyone being on HRT AND the combined pill. The birth control approved for use with HRT are POPs - desogestrel or norethisterone - or the Mirena coil (which doubles as HRT progestin).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 04:07:26 PM »

:thankyou:  joziel

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 04:18:04 PM »

I wondered about that but I didn't know how much oestrogen is in a combined pill. Do you know? Thinking she may still be on less than 100? The combined  bcp alongside hrt does seem to cause problems for some people.

joziel

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2024, 07:56:39 PM »

The estrogen in the pill is synthetic, so it might not work at all/as well as the estrogen in HRT - it might still show on bloods I think though, that's why they say they can't accurately test hormones if you're on the pill.

I think really it's best to move to body identical hormones for the most part and if you do need contraception, the Mirena or good ole condoms...

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2024, 05:55:26 AM »

Plus my menopause doctor says although unusual, she's happy for me to take both if it's working which it was ....the only time I've experienced too high is on the full 75mg

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 06:36:10 AM »

Hi all thanks for replying

So I've been on yasmin for severe peri anxiety since December 2022.....absolutely worked well but dud have to add a small patch due night sweats.
Before I had my pill break in Feb I was on 6tmg patch alongside yasmin....everything absolutely fine- good mood, going out, no jitters.
But then stupidly I decided to up my patch to 75....thats when I had a huge reaction.
Now it's taking its time to come back down which is very hard

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2024, 06:39:27 AM »

It was just to basically say really that before I upped and was on 65mg patch with yasmin - no tears, no anxiety, no jitters ....no bad moods - nothing.
Now I'm week 10 of coming down from this increase which has been very hard.
Buy what I'm now getting is morning anxiety in bed ...low mood with tears that's what's making me think I'm either still trying to settle from fluctuations.....or the patch of 65 is now too low.
It was just to see what you thought because of the low mood and tears- it can't be too high on 65 as I never had any issues on it in Feb and before xxx

sheila99

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2024, 01:06:49 PM »

Just another thought. If you use POP for the progesterone part of hrt the dose is 2xPOP so I'm just wondering if 1 combined bcp will give you sufficient protection with the added oestrogen?

Vicky81

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2024, 02:46:18 PM »

Hi Sheila
Oh gosh I not sure .....I once read on here that to fully suppress the fluctuations I had to be combined? At a high mg too xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2024, 03:45:33 PM »

Just another thought. If you use POP for the progesterone part of hrt the dose is 2xPOP so I'm just wondering if 1 combined bcp will give you sufficient protection with the added oestrogen?
Sheila I saw another post that you're anxiety took 3 months to go? How severe was it please?
Pages: [1] 2