Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: vaginal atrophy treatments  (Read 858 times)

jayneaddo

vaginal atrophy treatments
« on: May 05, 2024, 01:13:59 PM »

Hi Everyone
I have used vagifem for a long time and it is fantastic. Last week I was prescribed estriol cream to use as well. I used for a couple of days and had a lot of burning so stopped. Still burning. Should I restart or use a vaginal moisturiser for a while first. Or do a reload of Vagifem and then try again. Seeing GP on Wednesday as been having bleeding so one option is to wait till then and the think about what's best to do. Any ideas from you lovely lot?

Dierdre

Re: vaginal atrophy treatments
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 01:38:56 PM »

Why were you prescribed Estriol as well,
Is it for external use?
I use both but only because vagifem doesn't help with my outer bits and estriol sorts this out. Estriol does tend to sting at first if you are sore so I also apply Bepanthen after applying estriol, or you could use a moisturiser as well.

jayneaddo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 01:45:51 PM »

Hi

Yes its for external use as well as the vagifem. I have lots of burning and itching. Trying Yes moisturiser today and oatmeal bath last night. Very slight improvement. Maybe I stopped too soon. I have interstitial cystitis so it doesn't take much to irritate that area

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 04:48:14 PM »

Hi Everyone
I have used vagifem for a long time and it is fantastic. Last week I was prescribed estriol cream to use as well. I used for a couple of days and had a lot of burning so stopped. Still burning. Should I restart or use a vaginal moisturiser for a while first. Or do a reload of Vagifem and then try again. Seeing GP on Wednesday as been having bleeding so one option is to wait till then and the think about what's best to do. Any ideas from you lovely lot?
Estriol didn't work for me at all. Tried a couple of times. Felt just like cystitis. I gave up and only use Vagifem and Evorel Conti patches.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 07:17:48 PM »

Reload the 'vagifem' and don't use the estriol.   I have found over the years that, along with 'ovestin', KY jelly or a smear of 'ovestin' to keep the outer areas less sore and itchy.  How does 1 have an oatmeal bath  :-\ - dose 1 add a pint of milk from an ass?  Apparently that was something that posh ladies bathed in  ::)

VA can be managed and it can be Trial and Error initially.  Let us know how you get on jayneaddo?