Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are there any clinical guidelines ref testosterone area application?  (Read 486 times)

pepperminty

Re: Are there any clinical guidelines ref testosterone area application?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2024, 04:56:51 PM »

It's said that a reservoir of topical hormone products forms around the application site, so that would probably skew any blood tests taken near to that area, and as pepperminty says, it can spread. I would have thought with T though, compared to Oestrogel, it's such a small amount, it couldn't realistically spread from wrist to as far as the elbow, so probably wouldn't distort any blood tests imho.

I apply Androfeme to my upper thigh, as advised by the manufacturer, at the recommended dose. My last blood test showed slightly high total T levels but also higher than expected oestradiol levels (given all the issues with Oestrogel). So I'm happy that I'm absorbing T well ( and not getting any side effects or hairiness)  but unsure as to the cause of high oestradiol - conversion from T or skewed from applying to my arm? I will be doing a further test not applying E to my arms and see. Nothing is straightforward is it?

Hi,

it isn't straight forward I agree. I look forward to my test in a couple of weeks. Goodness knows what my results will be - I have had consistent E reading for years - so it will be interesting to see the T results.

PMXX

Tulip256

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2024, 10:29:01 AM »

On the subject of blood tests for T I have my first one coming up since starting T and was wondering
a) Should you hold off from applying T the day/morning before the blood test?
b) Book the blood test for a particular time of month? I know women's levels of T are naturally much higher at ovulation and since starting T I have found much higher libido then (unfortunately mine is still non existent at other times of month) so I am thinking I should avoid testing at this time?

It is pretty rubbish there is zero guidance on this.

pepperminty

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2024, 05:12:15 PM »

On the subject of blood tests for T I have my first one coming up since starting T and was wondering
a) Should you hold off from applying T the day/morning before the blood test?
b) Book the blood test for a particular time of month? I know women's levels of T are naturally much higher at ovulation and since starting T I have found much higher libido then (unfortunately mine is still non existent at other times of month) so I am thinking I should avoid testing at this time?

It is pretty rubbish there is zero guidance on this.

Hi,

I believe that they suggest not putting it on the morning of the test. I have no idea about what time of the month.

PMX
Pages: 1 [2]