Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: No withdrawal bleed  (Read 177 times)

RosieOscar

• First Flush
No withdrawal bleed
« on: May 03, 2024, 11:18:51 AM »

I’ve just started hrt at the beginning of April. I’m using two pumps of gel and 2 gepretix tablets on days 15 - 26. I finished the gepretix 8 days ago and haven’t had a withdrawal bleed. I read on here that some people don’t, but as this is a new prescription I’m not sure if I need to go back to the gp or not. If I never have a withdrawal bleed is that ok? I am still having periods (but not since I started hrt) but they vary wildly in length and occasionally are missed too. For clarity:

*I’m 41
*Still having periods, although they range from 24 - 40 days between them. Haven’t had a period either this month, although only on day 34.
*Tried hrt because I had increasing awful anxiety and joint pain - both of which have vastly improved now
* No side effects from hrt, so keen to stay as I am as long as no withdrawal bleed is ok.

Thank you

TM73!

Re: No withdrawal bleed
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 01:28:52 PM »

Hi. I have been on HRT for 18 months and have hardly had any withdrawal bleeding each month. I take 2 pumps of Oestrogel and 12 days of Utrogestan (vaginally) and last had a very small bleed about 6 months ago which lasted only a day or so.  I am 51 so wondering if I am now going towards the end of menopause. I too feel much better for being on HRT

Hurdity

Re: No withdrawal bleed
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 08:35:47 AM »

Hi RosieOscar

:welcomemm:

Provided you are taking the licensed dose of progesterone to balance the oestrogen dose, then lack of withdrawal bleed should not be a worry. It is abnormal, unscheduled bleeding which can be a cause for concern.

You don't need to go back to the GP to report lack of bleeding, unless you have other symptoms that are concerning. Are you taking the progesterone orally? That is the only issue, whether you are absorbing it, though it would be unusual not to unless you have some sort of gut condition maybe that upsets your digestion?

Glad your symptoms have improved! It is important that you stay on at least a medium dose of oestrogen until the avergae age of natural menopause (51/52) due to your likely early menopause, in order to protect your bones and heart.

Hurdity x