Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will you help me prepare for my appointment, please?  (Read 494 times)

Suziemc

Re: Will you help me prepare for my appointment, please?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 06:08:34 PM »

Hi

I use Androfeme, prescribed by Newson Clinic. I chose to pay more for Androfeme (and accept that it won't be available on NHS) as I would rather use something that is licensed for female use, albeit in Australia and not UK)  than a testosterone designed for men. (Obvs totally my choice and I wouldn't expect others to agree with me!) I also travel a lot, particularly to Australia, so I'd rather be carrying Androfeme through border control than a testosterone meant for men. This is probably a minor consideration in the grand scheme of things.

As far as dosing is concerned, there is a little syringe in each box but once you've used it once or twice you do get to recognise the approx size blob that is needed. I've not used the syringe since my first week as its a bugga to clean  ::)

I did check with the Newson Dr that I can easily switch from Androfeme to one of the Testosterones that is available on the NHS if I chose to in the future and she advised that it wouldn't be a problem.

I can't compare it to 'male' Testosterones as I've not tried them, I just know it works for me.  My libido didn't come storming back but I do get very pleasant tingles and am back to initiating intimacy with my husband. The biggest surprise to me was an improvement in my motivation and energy, I knew I was feeling lethargic but hadn't realised quite how much so until I got my energy back  :)

Oh and in respect of blood tests on the NHS, my GP did do estrogen and testosterone tests a couple of years ago but she wouldn't/couldn't prescribe testosterone so I ended up at Newson.

Good luck with your appointment.

Suzie

MrsMitch

Re: Will you help me prepare for my appointment, please?
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2024, 08:37:38 PM »

Thank you again for the info and for the link about testosterone,  very interesting reading. I'm really hoping I can get prescribed some and I do wonder how many things I'd just put down to 'getting older' might improve because of it.
My husband gave me an odd look when I told him about it and asked if I'd grow a beard and have a deep voice, bless him! I did explain about it but warned him I was hoping to be chasing him round the house soon with a rolled up women's weekly - if you know, you know  ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]