Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New here and have a guestion about blissel  (Read 652 times)

Cedrus

• First Flush
New here and have a guestion about blissel
« on: May 01, 2024, 12:35:05 PM »

Hi am new here I turned 60 last year I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago but had been lucky enough not to need hrt but have been suffering more recently with dry vagina and a sore that feels like chaffing on my vulva my doctor gave me some creams to use which the third cream did help then I got a uti which I haven’t had for many years so managed to see a male doctor who said all my symptoms were saying I needed hrt as I an lacking in estrogen so told me to do research well another doctor then  gave me estriol with know information about how long to be on it.
Well after using it for a week my symptoms got worse apart from my bladder so thet then iswapped to blissel  this isn’t as bad but firstly I have been told I only use it for three months then stop which I don’t understand and also does it give you headaches as when I was using estriol I noticed I was getting headaches and I have now been using blissel a week and I have already had one migraine which I don’t get. I now don’t know whether to just stop it altogether the doctor who gave me the blissel didn’t really want to give me anything else but it is helping my bladder as I am now not getting pains in the bladder or waking up in the night to go toilet. Sorry for the long message.

Dotty

Re: New here and have a guestion about blissel
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 01:17:05 PM »

Hi You use Blissel every night for 3 weeks and then twice a week.  You keep using it.  You don't need to stop it. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 01:52:07 PM »

Was a urine sample sent to a Lab to see. if there was a bug present?

Vaginal atrophy mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well.  That GP seems to have a little knowledge  8) more than many across the UK

If U find that blissel isn't enough to ease symptoms ask for 'vagifem' to insert as well as 'ovestin' for the outer vulval area.  Many GPs think that wee can overdose on oestrogen replacement ........

Let us know how you get on!  :welcomemm:

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 03:46:47 PM »

Vaginal Atrophy treatment is for life and you need to find a regime that suits you, lots of women can't tolerate some of the oestrogen treatments but with research they eventually find one that suits, it really is trial and error at first.

Try and stick with the lower dose Blissel which seems to suit you better than the higher dose Estriol that you used, might be your body is adjusting to the treatment.
Vagifem is a pessary, which has other names but that might be another option for you going forward. It doesn't matter what the GP tells you, if its straight forward VA you will need treatment in whatever form suits you, you're in charge here!

Cedrus

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 04:03:13 PM »

The nurse did a swab test on my urine and I did have an infection but three weeks later my bladder was still hurting so did another swab test and that one was negative but I don’t know why I am being told to stop the blissel after three months as surely your back to square one when the symptoms will re start. The male doctor at my surgery seemed more clued up on it than the female doctor she just wanted to send me to the hospital my symptoms are soreness inside and very dry so using yes and sore when I walk cased by friction which I have never had before oh and a bladder that gives me pain and want to go toilet a lot.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 04:59:28 PM »

A dip stick rarely shows infection, too many GPs don't send samples for a proper investigation.

None of us needs to stop VA treatment.  Once we've found a regime that works ........ we need to carry on.  If Blissel isn't strong enough then ask for 'vagifem' or 'ovestin'.