Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ectopic beats  (Read 385 times)

Becaroona

• First Flush
Ectopic beats
« on: May 01, 2024, 11:53:21 AM »

So am 51 and guessing am in perimenopause being 5 months period free so far and icreasinhky irregular until that. Not started HRT as yet as not sure what path to take.  Had Covid March 2023 which left me with ectopic beats and hot flashes for several months then they went away then came back. Had ECG and blood tests - all normal.   Doctor said ectopic beats could be covid related or menopause but I’m thinking menopause due to lack of periods and other symptoms. Am finding that Kalms tablets both night and day ones have severely reduced the ectopic beats and flushes unless it’s just conincidence/fluctuating hormones.  :scottie: :scottie:Tried Chinese medicine for a week, I take vitamins particularly magnesium and iron and B complex. Reduced caffeine and alcohol intake but not sure that’s been a trigger.  Any advice on these ectopics and as to what HRT route to get would be appreciated

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ectopic beats
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 01:53:36 PM »

Welcome.  Stick to NHS approved medication.  Some find alternatives useful until their own hormones kick in!

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart symptoms, to decide whether 1 requires replacement or not.

Do read round especially the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy treads.  Ask away.

jaypo

Re: Ectopic beats
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 03:35:35 PM »

Vitamin D is a must too btw especially through winter.
I have those ectopic beats too,I think it's fairly common in meno
Oh and welcome to the forum  :D