Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: What exacerbates meno symptoms  (Read 477 times)

Dusty Mop

• First Flush
What exacerbates meno symptoms
« on: April 29, 2024, 04:30:37 PM »

Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie!  I'm looking forward to hearing about others' experiences, to help me on this difficult journey, and hope that I can help others by sharing my experiences.

I'm 57, and appear to have stopped periods a few months ago, after having the Mirena Coil fitted.  I was peri-menopausal for many years, and started on HRT just under 6 years ago.  I've had many changes to my HRT, but am now using Evorel patches in conjunction with the coil.  HRT has eased my symptoms, but not eliminated them.

When I get very tired, my symptoms can flare-up.  For the past week or so, I've been struggling with feeling very achey all over, plus hormonal-type headaches.  It's made me feel ropey, so work has been a bit of a challenge.  Does anyone else get flare-ups of symptoms as a result of excessive tiredness caused by daily life?  Do you find exercise helps, even when your body doesn't feel like it?  I play tennis a couple of times a week, and I walk most days, so not sure whether to reduce this a bit when I'm feeling meno-grotty, or whether to keep it up as normal?  Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What exacerbates meno symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 07:23:59 PM »

Hi!   :welcomemm:  rest when your body requires ?

Crashing fatigue is common during peri..  Do U think that this might be cyclic if U can remember that far back? 

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Which dose of patches are you using? 

Headaches may increase at this time of life, is it something you had previously. Does pain relief ease symptoms?

Dusty Mop

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 07:32:54 PM »

Thanks CLKD.  The tiredness I'm experiencing isn't meno fatigue (although I've had it in the past, so am familiar with it).  It's tiredness from the stresses and strains of daily life.  What I'm keen to know is if tiredness can cause a flare-up of meno symptoms. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 07:36:38 PM »

I think hormone upsets can be affected by tiredness, especially if we aren't eating properly and keeping hydrated: travelling, caring for others, working .......

R U able to delegate?  When ill I had a list of things to do, anything not sorted went on the list for the following day. 

Dusty Mop

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 07:48:12 PM »

Thanks.  I try to do the right things most of the time, but sometimes I get very tired anyway.  It's useful to know tiredness can worsen meno symptoms, if only temporarily, as I will now focus on trying to the right things more of the time.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 11:20:03 AM »

Perhaps it's the other way round, low oestrogen = tiredness etc. If your symptoms are returning it may be time for an increase.

Dusty Mop

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 05:31:27 PM »

Thanks, Sheila 99. I have had meno fatigue in the past, but I'm fairly sure this this time it's tiredness caused by a very intense spell at work during March/early April, combined with not sleeping so well during that time, and perhaps a couple too many late nights.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2024, 07:56:18 PM »

R U taking VitD supplements regularly? 

When I had low levels I could hardly move.  I would do 20 mins weeding then have to sit, still, for 2 hours  :-\

Dusty Mop

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 05:45:35 PM »

Yep, I have been taking Vit D on a daily basis for a few years.

In the past few days, I've started taking Magnesium, as a friend recommended it to help with sleeping, and I've read online that it can help.