Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Pain vaginal atrophy GSM  (Read 254 times)

Milo20211960

• First Flush
Pain vaginal atrophy GSM
« on: April 27, 2024, 05:57:19 PM »

I am new. I am 63. I have tried many forms of hrt with no real results. I take lamotrigine for seizure prophylaxis and vwginal estrogen lowered my lamotrigine blood level to a sub therapeutic level. Scary. No seizures. Stopped the vagunal estrogen saw my neuro had lamotrigine redrawn. The level was therapeutic after stopp8ng the estrogen. I used coconut oil 8nternslly externally. The pa8n gets bad. I have to sit rest. I am active walk 3000 steps daily. Any one have any other suggestions. My husband sees to believe everything in life is a choice and do not need to voice pain discomfort etc. Claimed I am saying poor me. Do not need sympathy just others experiences and suggestions. Thamk you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pain vaginal atrophy GSM
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 06:38:56 PM »

Hi!    :welcomemm:

R U in the UK?  Do read the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads on the Forum - make notes ;-).

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, vagina, scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils - and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  All part of The Change and can creep up and surprise most of us!

You are NOT complaining.  Many GPs/Medics don't understand peri-menopause: those years leading up the final period = menopause. 

Who over sees your prophylaxis treatment?

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 09:24:16 PM »

Hi Milo, reading your post makes me think your situation is a very complex one and not one that is easy for anyone here to advise on, hopefully I am wrong.  Are you saying you can't use vaginal oestrogen for your vaginal atrophy, I honestly don't know how else you can relieve the symptoms, moisturisers alone will not be of much help.

As for your husbands attitude towards your health issues, we don't choose to have vaginal atrophy or any other illness that makes our lives a living hell. I would remind him of that.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for!

Minusminnie

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 12:06:44 AM »

Could you try an Estriol vaginal cream rather than an estrogen product ?

Just wondering if the difference may not have the same effect on the lamotrogine was your neurologist not able to advise further ?