Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT and perianal haematomas  (Read 223 times)

Shadow

• First Flush
HRT and perianal haematomas
« on: April 27, 2024, 05:23:06 PM »

I’m 52, irregular periods and have chronic pelvic / anal pain mainly resulting from fourth degree tear 20 years ago. Over the years I have suffered with pain, thrombosed haemorrhoids and also peri anal haematomas. As well as pelvic floor dysfunction and adenomyosis. I have been prescribed Sandrena 0.5mg and Provera 10mg. I’m concerned as the leaflet says for both to avoid if ever experienced a venous thrombosis which I understand the haematoma to be. I tried patches last year but had a thrombosed haemorrhoid and uncomfortable anal swelling at the same time. Should I avoid HRT? Was hoping it would help with pain but doesn’t seem to be the case. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT and perianal haematomas
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 06:43:27 PM »

Hi!  Who is over seeing your HRT prescription?  MayB ask for an app to a dedicated menopause clinic, either NHS or private: there are waiting lists for both.

In the mean time, keeping a mood/food/symptom diary may be of use. 

Your GP could refer you to an appropriate consultant for an update on treatment for your what sounds, a very painful, condition!  Treatments are improving all the while so it's probably wise to be seen regularly.

U could see a physiotherapist interested in womens health too regarding the pelvic floor.  Let us know how you get on.