Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause, HRT and heavy bleeding  (Read 211 times)

thehighrise

Menopause, HRT and heavy bleeding
« on: April 26, 2024, 11:43:05 AM »

Hi all, newbie here. I’ve been reading for a while but thought it about time I joined. I’m very early 50s, peri for about 2 years, started Evorel Sequi about 8 months ago. All was ok to start with, HRT got rid of horrible hip pain, and even the awful progesterone  period that made me weepy eventually settled down. But this month, the breakthrough bleeding floored me; I was literally flooding through Super Plus tampons plus a sanitary towel. So I’ve stopped Sequi cold turkey.

It’s so reassuring (but awful) to see other women in the same situation. As if peri/meno isn’t bad enough, we now have to deal with issues that we never used to have! I was on Cilest birth control for 30 years, light periods, no issues and only stopped that as I couldn’t get a prescription filled during the pandemic.

Anyway have decided to wait until I hit menopause and then might try continuous HRT, but for now I’m done.

Thanks for listening and for this amazing forum.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause, HRT and heavy bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 11:55:45 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

R U able to tell us why you began HRT?  Which symptom did you want to ease initially? 

Hopefully some1 on this regime will be along, bleeding after 2 years without periods must be quite a shock! 

Who is prescribing your HRT?

thehighrise

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 04:44:09 PM »

Hi there! Initially it was to stop the hot flushes and joint pain, and also because it seemed to have other benefits such as protecting the heart, slowing down the dreaded continence issues etc. I had had periods during peri, but only once a quarter, which was great!

I got my HRT prescribed privately, no chance of getting an NHS appt where I live.

I’m not too upset about how things are now, I’m quite stoic about it. I’m generally fit and healthy for my age but want to stay that way, especially if I have to work until my late 60s!

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 04:55:18 PM »

Hi thehighrise. For the past eight months have you had just a normal withdrawal bleed each month or have you always had breakthrough bleeding?

Taz x