Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tingling in fingers  (Read 337 times)

Rabbit1977

Tingling in fingers
« on: April 24, 2024, 06:07:26 PM »

So, at the ripe old age of 46, amidst a variety of other health concerns I've had that I have put down to the effects of perimenopause, I have found myself now suffering from 'tingling in the fingers' - primarily in my dominant hand - and always at the tips of the fingers. It comes and goes so I've had about 5 bouts today lasting from a minute to a couple of minutes each time. I am wondering if this is also a problem that affects women in perimenopause or whether I should be seeing a doctor for something potentially more serious? It's not affecting my day to day as it is not painful, it is just abnormal for me so anxiety is setting in.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tingling in fingers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 06:09:31 PM »

Does it wake you in the night?  Do U find that you are hanging hands over the edge of the bed to ease symptoms?

It is known that carpal tunnel syndrome can become problematic during pregnancy but I don't know which trimester.  So your symptoms may be hormonal.

How R your sleeping position and shoe wear?

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 06:31:11 PM »

Hi,could also be coming from your neck,when I had a disc issue,my fingers tingled all the time

Rabbit1977

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 06:50:12 PM »

The only thing that wakes me in the night, CKLD,  is my ever-weakening bladder! The tingling may happen whilst I sleep but it doesn't wake me - I have, however, been woken several times lately by pins and needles in my hand which I think comes from me lying on it. I tend to lie on one side or the other and almost always fall asleep lying with my head on my hand or arm. I wonder if it might stop once my current period is over, and therefore be hormonal as you suggest. I guess I have to wait and see.

Jaypo, I'm not aware of having hurt my neck but I suppose nerve damage somewhere might be the culprit.

I've been worrying that it might be connected to a brain tumour or the such, I do have health anxiety.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 07:10:39 PM »

We have a thread here about what we diagnose ourselves with every day  ::) so U R in good Company ;-)

If you have bladder issues get yourself some vaginal atrophy treatment, pronto ;-). Do read the 'bladder issues' and threads on vaginal atrophy. 

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 07:13:40 PM »

HA is the pits and can make us truly believe we have the worst ever outcome BUT it rarely is but do go to the dr,even just to put your mind at rest  :)

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 07:41:16 PM »

Your symptoms are very typical of a skeletal and nerve issue. The wonders of the aging process, not for the faint hearted!
Hope it eases soon for you.

fiftyplus

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 08:26:33 PM »

I often waken up in the morning with numb tingling fingers - I give them a wiggle for a couple of seconds and they then return to normal - my gp thought it was maybe carpel tunnel syndrome?