Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: post bleeding fake period  (Read 213 times)

che

• First Flush
post bleeding fake period
« on: April 24, 2024, 01:44:08 PM »

Hi i started HRT a year ago and 7 month after began spotting i mentioned it to a nurse and was referred to gyn, who did a hysterscope which showed clear. Over Easter i had heaver bleeding, small clots and dripping while on the toilet ( sorry tmi )  male dr said hrt cause fake/false periods and why bother using hrt as when you come off you will go through symptoms any how. I replied i thought now days you can stay on it to benefit bone and brain health. has anyone else had bee told you can have fake periods on HRT post menopausal

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: post bleeding fake period
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 01:53:23 PM »

Any unexpected bleeding should B investigated, hopefully some1 will be along with reassurance.

1 can stay on HRT if there are no complications for ever.  GPs need to keep up  ::).  I believe that some regimes may cause breakthrough bleeding, R U able to tell us which HRT you have been subscribed?

che

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 03:35:07 PM »

evorel conti , it states may bleed in first 6 months on paper work but i was fine till 78 months in

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 03:36:05 PM »

Nothing is too much info on here.  Do have a chat with the Nurse Practitioner at your Surgery to put your mind at rest. 

che

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 09:51:11 AM »

one dr said you can still have periods on hrt as you are replacing the hormones. But he added see a female in our practice when i try to make an appointment with her i get told i need to ring at 8am and wait in all day which i cannot when i am at work ( other dr i can book a call after 4pm in advance ) i thin she only work  1or 2 days a week but as he told me to see her you would assume that was enough to allow me to call and pre book.   OOOHHHH no also rec demanded to know why i wanted her in front of a busy waiting room i said it was private and male dr told me it was her special  area ( that should be enough) she told me i cant hep if you wont tell me ) funny as on the tv screen it state if you are asked a private qu we will respect your privacy and not push ) ( RANT over )