Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT sore boobs  (Read 298 times)

Butterfly22

HRT sore boobs
« on: April 21, 2024, 08:27:39 AM »

Morning ladies, I’ve not been on for a while as had surgery last year and more this year, I had a full hysterectomy LAVH + BSO and a posterior vaginal repair and removal of endometriosis and adennomyosis last year then bladder repair this year.

The last few weeks my boobs have been really painful, I’m guessing maybe my hrt could need a tweak?
More or less?
I use 50 patch estrederm atm.

Any advice would be great thanks x

Hollyboll

Re: HRT sore boobs
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 08:37:02 AM »

Sorry you’ve had a rough time.

Sore boobs may be high oestrogen but might not assume that on 50 patches. 

Best to get some blood tests rather than guessing.

Also patches often drop after 3 full days so worth changing every 3 (instead of twice a week /3.5/4) in case that’s causing fluctuations.

Do bloods on same patch day, ideally day 1.

Meantime, my consultant suggested evening primrose oil - I was sceptical but it did help a bit.

For me, sore boobs were too much e2 (300 patches, levels way over 1000 with crazy fluctuations).

Hth xx
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 08:59:42 AM by Hollyboll »

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 08:45:51 AM »

Hi thank you so much for all the info, I’ll get a blood test done (if docs agree) and go from there.
It’s a nightmare trying to get the balance right.
Thanks so much x

DottyD68

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 04:29:20 PM »

For me sore boobs was too much oestrogel. When I reduced it the pain went and the size of my boobs reduced to a more normal and comfortable size.

When I went for a mammogram the nurses recommeded Evening Primrose oil every day. 

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 12:50:22 PM »

For me sore boobs was too much oestrogel. When I reduced it the pain went and the size of my boobs reduced to a more normal and comfortable size.

When I went for a mammogram the nurses recommeded Evening Primrose oil every day.

Thank you so much x

joziel

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 01:05:34 PM »

Sore boobs could be high E, but if you've recently changed your dose I wouldn't rush to do anything. Give it some months to stabilise.

It might also mean that you have unopposed E - meaning that you are not taking any P. I'm thinking if you've had a hysterectomy, they probably haven't given you any P. (Because they think it is only about stopping the uterine lining from building up.) P does much more than that.... So you could ask for some utrogestan. If the NHS refuse, you could get it privately....

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 01:06:50 PM »

It's usually either too much or too big an increase in oestrogen. You could cut a piece off the patch and work back up slowly if you're finding it intolerable.

lisa06031510

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 02:35:24 PM »

You poor thing.. you've really been through it.

I've been on HRT for over 4 years now and suffer with my breasts every few months.. they grow in size and look fake and then hurt sooo bad.. Dr just checks them and tells me to put primrose oil on them.. not that I have. But then they settle again.. I do notice more pain each time my HRT is twerked ...I think for me it's just always going to be a side effect I struggle with.