Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bladder pain advice please  (Read 207 times)

patches1972

Bladder pain advice please
« on: April 19, 2024, 05:05:05 PM »

Hi lovely ladies,
I have self diagnosed VA as I have all the symptoms ,my old GP didn't seem to know anything about it and on examination (a few years ago) I was told I was a bit red and sore at the vagina entrance. I queried my disappearing inner labia and was told women have different sized labia and given 1 month Vagifem for the dryness. Fast forward to last year and I asked my new GP for more vagifem which she prescribed without examining me but said I would have to have a break from it every few months. I started to use it again, doing the loading dose then on the second week I had two bouts of coloured (red/brown) discharge. Although I know this can be a side effect of Vagifem it frightened me so I stopped the Vagifem (the discharge stopped immediately). I have been using over the counter vaginal moisturisers and vagisil for the itching which have been ok. However, for the last 3 days I have had awful bladder pain, it started with a pain a bit like period pains but very painful, I am weeing a lot too. I don't seem to have a discharge and my PH of my urine is 5 which I think is normal. I don't think it's cystitis as I have had that before.
The pain is constant and getting me down (as well as the constant weeing!) I can't see my GP until next week (if I can get an appointment!) I am wondering if it is VA related ? I don't know if I should try Vagifem again as I still have some or if I should try an over the counter UTI medication in case for the time being? I have cut out coffee and soy milk (as that is a bladder irritant apparently)
The pain eased slightly  after having a bowel movement but quickly came back as my bladder filled afterwards. I am 65 and did not take any HRT.
Sorry for the long post . I would appreciate any tip/advice on this.
TIA

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bladder pain advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 05:47:23 PM »

I would suggest that U use the 'vagifem' as well as a mositorisor around the outer areas.  Every night ;-).  No one needs to take a break from VA treatment, GPs still seem to be worried that women can over dose on oestrogen  >:(.  Ignorance!  Lack of knowledge.

If the vaginal tissues are thin and sore it may cause a 'show' . 

MayB get a dose of Vagifem up there now, as well as some pain relief.  In the morning and again in the evening then stick to an evening dose for at least 3 weeks.  When I get the need2P feelings I swallow 2 'nurofen' 3 times a day until the nip symptoms ease.

I have never needed to cut out anything from my diet - urine should be darker in the morning than in the day straw coloured; any lighter and we are too hydrated.  What we often forget is that the kidneys take fluids from both food and drink. 

patches1972

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 06:14:50 PM »

Thanks CLKD. I think I will start the vagifem again. I should also point out I have Fibromyalgia/CFS and Interstitial Cystitis can go hand in hand with that, but until I can see my GP and discuss it with her I won't know. I plan on taking a urine sample if I can get an appointment but the last time she just dipped it with a PH strip which I have already done myself. Maybe she can send a urine sample off to see if it shows anything. I have upped my water consumption too as I generally don't drink enough of that.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 06:21:05 PM »

All GPs should send off a urine sample to be 'grown'.  A dip stick doesn't show much at all!

Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 07:52:58 PM »

Buscopan can be used to relieve bladder pain I believe. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/891/pil#gref Have you had a urine sample checked as cystitis symptoms change as we get older

Taz x