Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Did changing HRT preparation help?  (Read 229 times)

JoannFran

Did changing HRT preparation help?
« on: April 19, 2024, 03:55:45 PM »

Hi everyone

Just wondering about changing my HRT as I’m really not feeling great, constantly anxious, low mood, palpitations, no joy, no hope for the future :-(

I don’t know whether to cut down on the estrogen (100 patches), up it (dr has given me extra 25s), change HRT or stop it completely and see what happens.

Just wondered if anyone has had any success with getting better results after changing HRT? Like changing from the patch to gel or spray or even changing patches? I’m on everol but I know there’s different ones (estradot)?  I tried estrogel when I first started HRT and it made me feel really wired at 2 pumps, but wondering if it might be ok now my body has been ok HRT for 18 months.

I know it’s all trial and error and individual but just wondered whether to bother trying something else.

Thanks so much!!!

Hollyboll

Re: Did changing HRT preparation help?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 06:24:39 PM »

Sorry you are still struggling.

The difference between 18 months ago and now is less to do with the HRT you've had in the meantime but because as leading meno consultant said to me '18 months is a long time ago in this and things change a lot in that time in terms of your endogenous hormones'. 

Your're right - it's all very individual, and to an extent (slow, gradual) trial and error ... for me that's one of the reasons it's worth seeing an expert if you can, to guide you through the plethora of possibilities. 

xx