Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sex drive  (Read 423 times)

Bass1979

Sex drive
« on: April 19, 2024, 01:12:35 PM »

Hi

Sorry if a taboo subject but am really confused.

Everything I read stated peri menopause cause reduced labido, however since being on my patch my sex drive has been hightend.

Before my patch I could say I never bothered if didn’t have sex, but now I want to feel sexy and feel I want it a few times in a week. However my husband not feeling the same, I am 45 and my husband 55. I  feel like I just pester him all the time lol. I can laugh but it’s not funny as I feel the urge a lot.

Is this normal ? X

Turkish delight

Re: Sex drive
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 06:59:19 PM »

Hia,

Nothing taboo about sex so don't worry about that.

So, to answer your question with another question...What is normal? We are all different.
Menopause can cause a lower desire for sex in some.
That said you are treating your menopause with a patch, so I guess that may be giving you a rocket-boosted sex drive.

I suggest 3 things,
1, Get some new sexy lingerie and enjoy it.
2, Get a vibrator so you can sort yourself out if it's
too much for your husband,(and tell him you're getting it, that may peek his interest)nudge nudge wink wink!

So the 3rd way is... combine all three  :D
lingerie,
sex toy,
him

What do you think!?... ;)

TD
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 12:34:09 PM by Turkish delight »

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 07:48:18 PM »

Good device from Turkish Delight. My best time sexually was between 45 and 55. I had great fun. I thought of it like the body making one last attempt to get pregnant. I didn't start hrt till I was 53 though. I'd so love those days back again!

Taz x

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 10:03:27 AM »

No problem is taboo, it anything is a  concern, there's always someone who can idenitify.

Same thing happened to me like Taz, when my body hit a very happy state.... Tailed off again gradually until sex drive was almost non existent. I think the massive fluctuations in hormone levels have a lot to do with it.

I also totally agree with TurkishDelight we all deserve a sex life  if that's what we want - whether in any type of  relationship, or solo.   I certainly do, am not willing to give that up, hence finally getting on testosterone to ensure I don't lose this essential part of my life. A new or different sex you can be used with your husband, or alone. Just enjoy yourself!

Bass1979

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 09:55:50 PM »

Hi
Thanks for the reply

I have just ordered a new toy
Been looking at underwear
Have discussed things with my husband he seems quite happy that am pleasuring myself (prob weight off his shoulders).
I will try and combined all together and see how I get on.

However bad weekend this weekend with my emotions to the point I was saying we need to go our separate ways as we want different things. I was doing a lot of overthinking, feeling sorry for my self as I feel am begging him for a sex life that I want and he doesn’t.
Any way I will wait for my new toy and order some underwear and see where u go from there.

Again thanks for the replies x

Turkish delight

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2024, 01:02:06 PM »

Hi again,

Sorry to hear that you had a rough weekend, not nice.
Hopefully, it's something you can both resolve with time, and some give and take.

Lingerie-wise, I highly recommend Shein. The lingerie sets and bodysuits are really good quality at really reasonable prices.

Me and my husband picked out 7 sets from the Shein site for just around £45. They were made with non-itchy soft lace, great colour choices and the
fit was spot on.

TD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 06:27:18 AM by Turkish delight »