Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bloat (!) - oestrogel/Mirena  (Read 166 times)

AprilFish

• First Flush
Bloat (!) - oestrogel/Mirena
« on: April 18, 2024, 01:25:08 AM »

Hi,
Perhaps someone can help or weigh in?

I am 54, on my third Mirena and started oestrogel in Aug 2022.

In March 2023 I had shooting pains in my breasts and some spotting. Stopped oestrogel on the advice of my menopause consultant for a week, and got rid of the bottle of Oestrogel after flagging the issue with Besins. Resumed taking oestrogel (2 pumps).

Fast forward to March 2024: I have been feeling miserable these past few weeks. Breast tenderness/shooting pains were back but it was the bloat that did my head in. Trousers no longer fit comfortably. At first, I thought it was because I had ramped up my exercise and the many squats. I have also been monitoring my food intake because I gained 5 kg in the last few months. A week ago, I stopped the Oestrogel because I just couldn’t take it anymore.

I have shed 2.5 kgs in 5 days. Breast tenderness is tapering off. Admittedly nostril and other dryness has returned with a vengeance. And spotting in the past two days.

I contacted my ob/gyn, who prescribed Lutenyl? I am trying to get an appt with my menopause clinic.,

Currently, I’m questioning whether there is an issue with some of the Oestrogel bottles I’ve been getting (I live in the EU) or whether my body is just not happy on Oestrogel. And if it isn’t, what are my options?

I don’t think I can handle feeling that bloated again and the breast pain was debilitating these past few weeks.

Thanks for reading this.

Joaniepat

Re: Bloat (!) - oestrogel/Mirena
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 06:08:54 AM »

Hello, and welcome to the Forum!

There are problems with the Oestrogel bottles here, too. Some versions do not dispense the correct amount. The solution is to buy cheap jewellery scales from Amazon to weigh it out instead of relying on the pump mechanism to give a correctly metered dose. Apparently there is quite a wide variation from one pump to the next.

JP x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 06:38:26 AM »

Hi AprilFish. Bloat is so uncomfortable and you have my sympathy. You may find this thread helpful https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67309.0.html

Taz x  :welcomemm:

AprilFish

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 07:13:49 AM »

Thanks.

I live in Belgium, where Besins is located. Our bottles haven’t changed. I get them from the chemist in packs of 3 for 6 euros.

It’s just that occasionally something seems to not work as it should (my body, the oestrogel?).
I wonder if my body still has oestrogel surges or if it’s low progesteron. There are periods where my skin (face) gets so itchy.

Hope I can get an appointment soon.