Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Uromune vaccine for recurrent UTI's  (Read 811 times)

lizzog

Uromune vaccine for recurrent UTI's
« on: April 16, 2024, 03:08:33 PM »

This isn't for me but for my 21yo daughter who has had recurrent UTI's and is at the end of her tether with it all.
I've heard about the Uromune vaccine - looks like you can get either a referral from your GP and be referred into the Urology Partnership or pay privately.
Has anyone heard of this or had any success stories to share?
Going via the GP route seems to be a long wait as it's not widely available yet on the NHS.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Uromune vaccine for recurrent UTI's
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 03:13:35 PM »

How awful at such an early age.  R these symptoms cyclical?

Has your daughter had appropriate urine samples sent to a Lab 2 B tested to discover which 'bug' is growing? 

I hope that she been seen by a urologist with investigations and examinations to find out why she is suffering?  Some girls have a narrow urethra which may well cause urinary problems. 

Why would a vaccine help unless it targets a specific bacteria?  Is the vaccine offered by NICE? 

I wonder whether she has the beginning of vaginal atrophy  :-\, which mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well!  No one is too young! 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 07:24:18 PM »

I've just read up about it and it seems really promising. Have you found out how much it is?

Taz x

VioletAquarius

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 10:30:52 PM »

I read something about this, apparently it stops infections for nine years, but not yet approved for use on NHS.

I also heard that it's only currently available in one private hospital in the UK, I think in Chichester, and only one doctor there is licensed to administer it.

Has your daughter tried d-mannose?

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 07:32:04 AM »

Is there a Link?

lizzog

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 07:56:20 AM »

This is the information -
https://theurologypartnership.co.uk/treatments/uti-vaccine/ - I'm still looking into it.
I've asked her to speak to her GP about a referral to a Urologist in the meantime.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 11:38:51 AM »

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 11:41:58 AM »

That seems well presented, details going back several years too.   Can't find out how sponsored the Research but hopefully this will become main stream [sorry  ;D] eventually.  Would U B prepared to go on a Trial for example? 

lizzog

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 01:43:19 PM »

I'm going to look into it in a bit more detail before we go any further with it, but from what I can see it has had promising results.

Donna-paul

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 02:19:39 PM »

I'm going to look into it in a bit more detail before we go any further with it, but from what I can see it has had promising results.
You need to look into embedded uti it’s the same infection. I’m under the only NHS hospital in the uk for a chronic embedded uti and have had it 5 years+. They have a long waiting list you have to be referred by a consultant and it’s a difficult illness to treat.