Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: E45 itch relief cream with ovestin?  (Read 2022 times)

hystergirl

E45 itch relief cream with ovestin?
« on: April 15, 2024, 11:25:37 AM »

Hello all,

I'm on the third week of Vagifem pessaries.The external pain/soreness seems to be getting worse so I've just started using a little Ovestin externally mixed with a tiny amount of E45 wash cream - which gets messy during the night.  I'm highly sensitive to all skincare anywhere on the body so I think that most VM products are going to be a problem. Has anyone used E45 itch relief cream on the vulval area? I realise from earlier responses on here that the regime takes time and is trial and error. The soreness though is stopping my sleep. Now my GP has taken the Vagifem down to 3 times a week. Thanks in advance.

Ayesha

Re: E45 itch relief cream with ovestin?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 11:35:23 AM »

I personally wouldn't use E45 cream, I tried it once for dry skin and it stung, and I am not sure it is the right thing to use at all in such a sensitive area.

Have you tried one of the natural moisturisers like Yes or Sylk, if the latter is still available. The GP taking your dose down to 3 times a week won't make any difference as your problems seem all on the outside and the reason we use Ovestin is because the Vagifem doesn't reach that far down, in my experience anyway!

hystergirl

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 11:42:35 AM »

Hi Ayesha,

Thanks for replying. I've always used E45 wash cream everywhere and it's been OK. Perhaps using it in a different way i.e. without washing it off is why it's stinging. Also I think Ovestin is quite strong - the GP won't give me estriol 0.01 cream yet as I've only just started Ovestin. It's difficult to know how long to keep trying with it. But I'll get some Yes moisturiser and try a tiny amount to start. Thanks.

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 12:25:00 PM »

When I first started to use Ovestin it stung and the best advice from other ladies on here was to use a moisturiser with it and nearly 3 years on I am still doing that, probably more out of habit now but if it works why stop.

We are all different and its all about trial and error at first but I hope you see some good results soon.

hystergirl

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 01:25:20 PM »

Hi all again,

Also wondering about the different types of Yes products to buy: OB or WB? Or both? Or is there a general Yes VM? Thanks.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 03:10:48 PM »

Yes WB is Water Based and used as a lube for sex together with Yes OB (oil based). As a moisturiser, some like it, but it doesn't last long. Yes VM is a dedicated moisturiser for the vulva and vagina, and is also water based. It's a personal preference really. Probably you can buy trial sachets of each one to decide which you like best. Oil-based products have more staying power.
JP x

hystergirl

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 05:47:15 PM »

Thanks very much, Joaniepat, for explaining this. You've helped me decide on the dedicated VM for now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 06:08:25 PM »

Without using appropriate VM products the condition may become a lot worse  :-\.  It may sting initially until the vaginal walls soak up the product ;-). 'ovestin' and 'vagifem' are tried and tested products for that most sensitive of areas and should not need anything else 'mixed' in.  KY Jelly when my outer vulva/labia itch. 

hystergirl

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 01:30:50 PM »

"Without using appropriate VM products the condition may become a lot worse."

Thanks.

I can't use external Ovestin as my sensitive skin reacts too painfully every time. Guess I have to accept this worsening condition as I can't use the products.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 01:56:59 PM »

U don't have to accept anything unless U want to do so.

KY. jelly may be more soothing and suit your skin.  Sometimes it's the fillers/packaging that affect delicate areas.  Or yes or slyc products - many find these uesful.  Once under control it is easier to manage so don't give up.

The condition will probably worsen without treatment, in rare cases surgical intervention has to be performed to split the vaginal skin which has stuck due to lack of moisture.   

hystergirl

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2024, 02:02:44 PM »

OK, thanks. It's probably not a good day for me to look on here. The thought of surgical procedure to split the skin etc makes me despair and give up on all of it.

Dierdre

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2024, 02:18:45 PM »

Ovestin alone stings me too and I've been using it for years, so I apply the Ovestin externally making sure it's all rubbed in, if there's any clumps of white left it will sit there and sting. When it's rubbed in I apply a coat of Bepanthen baby nappy ointment, it's made for putting there on babies so i don't have any problems or stinging. The Bepanthan moisturisers too.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2024, 02:46:16 PM »

1 should be aware of the worst scenario so that 1 doesn't give up on seeking treatment.  It's experiences that can help those with problems.  When asking the question 1 can then decide which advice is suitable now and which can be shelved.  Important not to let VA symptoms become worse. There are lots of threads as well as 'the bladder issues' to browse.

Ayesha

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2024, 03:37:54 PM »

Sorry to see that you have left, hystergirl.
I am sure with time you will find the right regime for you and as I mentioned its a lot of trial and error trying different products until you find the right one.

There are a lot of ladies on here that suffer much the same way as you do with Vaginal Atrophy treatments not suiting all, but many have found a way round it eventually. Although you have left you can always use the search box here that you should find helpful, I searched for about a year before joining.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 03:39:57 PM by Ayesha »

Ayesha

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2024, 03:44:49 PM »

1 should be aware of the worst scenario so that 1 doesn't give up on seeking treatment.  It's experiences that can help those with problems.  When asking the question 1 can then decide which advice is suitable now and which can be shelved.  Important not to let VA symptoms become worse. There are lots of threads as well as 'the bladder issues' to browse.

One doesn't need lecturing, CLKD on how to go forward in the early stages of finding our way through the muddy waters that is Vaginal Atrophy.
Lets keep the scare stories away from vulnerable members shall we!
Pages: [1] 2