Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clutching at straws?  (Read 3161 times)

AngelaH

Re: Clutching at straws?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2024, 05:09:21 PM »

I wonder if for some of us Oestradiol in HRT is just not right and we should be focusing on Estrone which is the hormone we continue to make and is much gentler.  I think there are Estrone products available but I know nothing else about it. Just a thought.
K.

Hello Kathleen,

Sorry to hear you are suffering for so long. I spent 1,5 years trying different forms of estrogen: patches, spray and gel, but they all make me feel even more ill than I was. For the last 6 weeks I am on estriol and surprisingly I feel great on it. I can’t explain why it is happening, it looks like my body doesn’t need a lot of estrogen anymore to function properly and estradiol is too strong for me now. I am post meno and my last blood test was estradiol 34, which is very low. Despite having such low estrogen level, my body seems to be happy on low dose of weak estriol rather than on traditional HRT with strong estradiol. It doesn’t require using progesterone with it, is too weak to stimulate uterus. Although I use face serum as a source of estriol and it contains progesterone too.

I don’t know about estrone, this hormone is produced by fat cells in post meno, it likes fat, this is why post meno ladies have bigger waist ;D  There is also some info on internet that estrone causes cancer. So I can’t really comment about estrone products, have never came across with it.

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2024, 05:16:26 PM »

I wonder if for some of us Oestradiol in HRT is just not right and we should be focusing on Estrone which is the hormone we continue to make and is much gentler.  I think there are Estrone products available but I know nothing else about it. Just a thought.
K.

Hello Kathleen,

Sorry to hear you are suffering for so long. I spent 1,5 years trying different forms of estrogen: patches, spray and gel, but they all make me feel even more ill than I was. For the last 6 weeks I am on estriol and surprisingly I feel great on it. I can’t explain why it is happening, it looks like my body doesn’t need a lot of estrogen anymore to function properly and estradiol is too strong for me now. I am post meno and my last blood test was estradiol 34, which is very low. Despite having such low estrogen level, my body seems to be happy on low dose of weak estriol rather than on traditional HRT with strong estradiol. It doesn’t require using progesterone with it, is too weak to stimulate uterus. Although I use face serum as a source of estriol and it contains progesterone too.

I don’t know about estrone, this hormone is produced by fat cells in post meno, it likes fat, this is why post meno ladies have bigger waist ;D  There is also some info on internet that estrone causes cancer. So I can’t really comment about estrone products, have never came across with it.

How much do you use Angela? I am tapering off estrogel, down to half a pump and exploring alternatives instead. Half a pump of estrogel seems fine for me, but I'd love to find an option of estrogen that is so low it doesn't require progesterone, or only a tiny bit! Are you the person who uses the Wellsprings cream by any chance?

AngelaH

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2024, 07:22:51 PM »

Penguin I use very small amount, Blissel gel for VA and wellsprings face serum half of recommended dose each, Blissel one day and wellsprings next day. But I am very sensitive to sex hormones, everything I put in my vagina or on my face goes to every part of my body within couple of hours.

I was on pea size of oestrogel, it didn’t help me with my symptoms but was still slowly poisoning me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 07:25:49 PM by AngelaH »

CrispyChick

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2024, 07:55:35 PM »

This is fascinating Angela.

I'll be sure to keep this knowledge up my sleeve should I ever get rid of the stupid estrogen!

Do u use the Blissel via vag route?

Penguin

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2024, 04:35:00 AM »

Penguin I use very small amount, Blissel gel for VA and wellsprings face serum half of recommended dose each, Blissel one day and wellsprings next day. But I am very sensitive to sex hormones, everything I put in my vagina or on my face goes to every part of my body within couple of hours.

I was on pea size of oestrogel, it didn’t help me with my symptoms but was still slowly poisoning me.

Thanks Angela, that's really useful to know. I am looking at the compounded route for progesterone if my tapering off leaves me too low in estrogen to function. This cream sounds a lovely idea to try for the estrogen part. I am down to a tiny blob of estrogel atm. Stopping in a couple of days, then a month off amd we will see. Is Blissel on prescription only? I will need an estrogen cream for down there I think.

AngelaH

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2024, 08:59:01 AM »

This is fascinating Angela.

I'll be sure to keep this knowledge up my sleeve should I ever get rid of the stupid estrogen!

Do u use the Blissel via vag route?

I hated having estrogen in peri, but I more hate not having it in post meno. I don’t even know what is better.  :-\

Yes, it is for vaginal use for VA treatment, but because of my highly sensitive body to sex hormones, it appears to be very helpful for my whole body.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 09:15:33 AM by AngelaH »

AngelaH

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2024, 09:12:34 AM »

Is Blissel on prescription only? I will need an estrogen cream for down there I think.
Yes, prescription only, and this is gel. I tried before Ovestin cream, I don’t remember why I didn’t like it, I think it irritated my vulva. But a lot of ladies use it with no problem and it is much stronger than Blissel gel. It’s individual choice.

Penguin

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2024, 09:45:24 AM »

Is Blissel on prescription only? I will need an estrogen cream for down there I think.
Yes, prescription only, and this is gel. I tried before Ovestin cream, I don’t remember why I didn’t like it, I think it irritated my vulva. But a lot of ladies use it with no problem and it is much stronger than Blissel gel. It’s individual choice.

Thanks, I like the idea that it is milder, the vagirux I tried didn't agree with me, I react strongly to most things unfortunately.

JosieJo55

• First Flush
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2024, 08:23:39 PM »

Hello JosieJo55 and welcome to the forum.

I have a daughter but I am not so optimistic about the treatment for menopause when it is her turn. From reading the posts on this site over the years it appears that meno  treatment is still haphazard and often ineffective.
I have lost count of the times that ladies have experienced HRT that had suddenly stopped working or a regime that was fine but then unexplained bleeding meant investigations and more changes.

Over the years I have seen NHS and private GPs and Consultants and heard different advice from them all. Due to spotting I have recently tried reducing my oestrogen again and this complies with my NHS Consultants wishes however a resurgence of horrible VA symptoms means I have to ignore that advice and increase again.

Unfortunately my long meno journey has left me very sceptical of meno services. My hope is that research and general interest in the menopause will eventually lead to better care for our daughters in the future but I feel that things are far from satisfactory at the moment.

PS  Please forgive my moan but I have been awake since 4 am with burning and itching from VA so I am a little irritable lol.

Take care.

K.
hi Kathleen, moan away, anything that helps is a win.
 I’ve been an insomniac for many years, since my twenties. Never found a way to manage it and most definitely never had anyone take it seriously enough to help me. Ive taken many roads to try to get help. None worked. I’ve very often felt like giving up as lack of sleep is crippling but I’m nothing if not determined. If anything sleep has got better since my periods stopped and I generally fall asleep by 10 and wake about 4 or 5. The nights of not falling asleep and being wired all night are quite rare now thankfully and having sometimes gone 6 nights solid without sleep compared to a full 6 hours a night, to me is life changing. My view on this now with hindsight is hormones have played havoc with me all my life, it’s been a roller coaster every month. The thought of taking synthetic hormones scares me to death as I’m personally feeling better off without them. My biggest issue with menopause is really uncomfortable and sometimes painful bloating, most other symptoms I’ve coped with….so far
Pages: 1 [2]