Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Firbromyalgia  (Read 11824 times)

hope

• First Flush
Firbromyalgia
« on: April 09, 2024, 03:40:13 PM »

Can menopause make fibromyalgia worse . Have  Fibromyalgia   for  many years   then  menopause   not sure what's happening    now   Having   bad menopausal  symptoms  (waiting to find cause. )  In  more pain   everywhere   seem like  fibromyalgia

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Firbromyalgia
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 03:47:11 PM »

Hi!  hormones can certainly upset other parts of the body.  As levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  R U able to explain more about your symptoms and who will be giving advice?

SarahT

Re: Firbromyalgia
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 08:28:30 PM »

Hiya Hope.

In a word YES. And vice versa,  fibromyalgia can intensify many of our other conditions, and like many with fibro know ( that's me as well as others on this forum) that having fibro can make ' normal pain' feel much worse as our bodies react to pain differently, especially in a flare up. And if you are extra stressed, that can make the fibro pain worse again.

Although I am still in perimenopause my cyclical moods swings were made worse, and it is very  much the medical thoughts that fibromyalgia often makes a sufferer have more severe menstrual problems as well.

If you don't already do so, it's worth looking at fibromyalgia websites if you want with general info and advice, or some offer a reply service to specific questions.
I found FMA Uk were very good in regard to downloads or posting booklets. They have a members forum too.

I know what it's like to have several heath issues going on all at once and not knowing what the new\worsening symptoms are caused by which condition.

Before you have your appt, make some notes beforehand of things you want to ask. Helps keep you on track.