Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Microscopic blood in urine  (Read 17126 times)

LottieB

Microscopic blood in urine
« on: April 07, 2024, 05:04:43 PM »

Hello, I'm new here. Following a recent routine urine test my doctor found microscopic blood in my urine on two separate occasions, 4 weeks apart.
I've now been referred to an Urologist and face a  cystoscopy and scan in order for bladder or kidney cancer to be ruled out.
I'm wondering if anyone else has had microscopic blood in their urine? The doctors have confirmed there is no infection present.
I'm obviously scared it could be bladder cancer but also trying to work out what else it could be.Thanks so much for any advice.

Joaniepat

Re: Microscopic blood in urine
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 05:06:32 PM »

Have replied on your other thread.
JP x

LottieB

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 05:14:17 PM »

Thanks so much JP xx

marge

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 05:35:17 AM »

My hubby had microscopic blood in his urine last year, had a bladder scan which was all displayed on a big screen. The person doing it pointed out lots of black lines and said ‘they are all little blood capillaries, if one pops you get microscopic blood in your urine’.  Nothing wrong at all.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 08:11:26 AM »

My hubby had microscopic blood in his urine last year, had a bladder scan which was all displayed on a big screen. The person doing it pointed out lots of black lines and said ‘they are all little blood capillaries, if one pops you get microscopic blood in your urine’.  Nothing wrong at all.

And your whole capillary system weakens with age so that makes total sense.

LottieB

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 05:47:24 PM »

That's very reassuring, thank you so much xx