Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Menopause head  (Read 9917 times)

Lin

• First Flush
Menopause head
« on: April 05, 2024, 09:25:42 PM »

Age 57, been on Everol sequi patch 50 for 5 years. Ok but usual pmt symptoms every 2 weeks, back ache etc, fuzzy head, feeling down no period.
Been on hrt everol conti patch 50 now for over a year, great less pmt physical pains like back ache but have a constant groggy head, like a half headache permanently.
With everol sequi at least I felt normal for 2 weeks. But now my head feels permanently groggy.
What to do any advice to feel like a human again please.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause head
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 07:29:15 AM »

Morning Lin - menopause head  ::).   Foggy brain.  It's recognised as a peri symptom.  When R U due for an HRT review your regime may require a hike.

Also, R U hydrated enough?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 11:19:07 AM »

I don't really have any answers but I too experience headaches. The reason I went on HRT in the first place was mainly because of severe hormonal headaches. They did improve with evorel sequi but were still a feature. I then changed to conti and things improved which I thought was down to more steady levels of oestrogen. However, recently the headaches have become constant and I spoke to the dr about it. She didn't have any answers but seemed to think it may be due to too high oestrogen which I doubt as I still get hot flushes etc. I wondered if it is the progesterone affecting me. I have recently changed to a mirena with an oestrogen patch which I'm hoping will lead to some improvement though Ive got a bad headache at the moment! but it's early days.

Anyway, would it be worth considering a change in HRT to see if a different progesterone suited you better?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 01:30:52 PM »

As you feel like this only on the conti patches I would try a different progestin. It would be useful to start a new one on a sequi regime so you can tell if you feel different when you're on it.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 09:33:06 AM »

Definitely go back to sequi and try different progestogen. Potentially try separate oestrogen and progestogen. Potentially consider longer cycle eg 4 weeks on oestrogen and 2 weeks on progestogen to minimise exposure. Need to discuss with doc if so...

Hurdity x