Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Apologies - update  (Read 24539 times)

Jules

Apologies - update
« on: April 03, 2024, 03:01:49 PM »

I want to apologise. I have asked that two of my posts  - about my scan and travel insurance - be deleted because I had given too much identifiable detail and think somebody can identify me so became anxious. It was pointed out to me that they have been deleted on this occasion but that many of you have given your time and advice freely. Ive been asked not to waste your time. I was quite taken aback by the tone of the reply, upset actually and considering many of us are not at our best and have anxiety there was no need for it. I do apologise for any lost information. I wont be contributing on here again.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:10:08 PM by Jules »

SarahT

Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 03:21:03 PM »

Jules I have no idea what's been going on, I am not on the forum much atm, of He health taken over.

But I am sorry something's has turned up so badly with this result. I just want to wish you well. We have ' spoken ' on various threads and thanks for the advice and support. Take care.

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 03:54:15 PM »

Was this by a moderator or another member?
I'm sorry you've had that response, I have commented on both those posts you mention and it wouldn't have entered my head to think that you'd wasted my time.

Jules

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 04:04:35 PM »

Just to clarify. It is not any other member.
 I had to email the webmaster address and finally gotthis  reply
"They've been deleted on this occasion. Many members gave their time and
advice freely, please don't waste their time"
I wasn't expecting that but I don't want to leave comments,  often personal, via a forum that treats people like that. So I will  wish you well and just read from now on.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 04:14:46 PM »

Gosh that's awful, I would have expected you to be responded to with more empathy x

HellsBells

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 04:18:25 PM »

Crikey that IS harsh. The vibe on here can get a bit like that but only very occasionally. It would be such a shame to lose you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 04:26:32 PM »

Emma is the moderator - no one else has access to deleting or merging.

I don't think that any1 here cold identify us by the issues that we discuss.  Even my 3 friends on here never quiz me  ::) but sometimes it is obvious to me .  .... and breath.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 04:31:19 PM »

Well I hope Emma reads this then!
It was a sensitive topic and the response to Jules could have been worded a lit kinder. As we all know, menopause can cause horrendous anxiety and I just don't see how helping a member with their anxiety by deleting posts they are subsequently concerned about warranted being told not to waste people's time.
Now we have a member who is in desperate need of support as she is going through a current health scare, yet now feels uncomfortable posting.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 04:37:57 PM »

There is a private members area for security. 

Penguin

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 04:42:16 PM »

Which anyone who joins MM can then see.

Katejo

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2024, 04:51:25 PM »

Sorry to read this. I didn't see your original question but this sounds harsh.

Northerngirl

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024, 05:19:39 PM »

Jules,I'm so sorry to hear you've been spoken to so harshly. I have appreciated your advice several times....thank you.
 I would advise you to stay on MM at this time as I think you need some support right now  and we are here for you but of course  it's your decision.

Well said Penguin!!!!

Jules :foryou:

Hollyboll

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2024, 06:03:24 PM »

just to echo what others have said - sorry you've had this.  A lot of us here are pretty fragile and sometimes people forget that - and I guess sometimes the people forgetting also have their own challenges and so fragilities.  I've certainly had a reply that was at best thoughtless, and it discouraged me from engaging here too - I've certainly not yet been able to deal with that comment and am reading  and so offering less too. But it's mostly a positive place ... so hang around, get what you want from here, and don't be afraid to post again!  x

laszla

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2024, 07:14:04 PM »

Jules, it is the person who wrote that message who should be apologising not you.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2024, 08:04:20 PM »

I don't think that Jules needs to apologise.  We ae all here due to requiring info as well as sharing experiences.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6