Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleeding  (Read 4011 times)

AB66

• First Flush
Post menopausal bleeding
« on: April 02, 2024, 01:35:09 PM »

Hi, I am new to the forum.  Looking for advice please.  I started blood thinners in Feb due to blood clots on both lungs.  Five weeks in taking the blood thinners and a total health style change, strict diet and exercise, I started with really sore nipples and 10 days later started a light period.  I haven't had a period for 2 years and 6 months.  I have spoke to my GP today and been referred to a gynaecologist, just waiting for my appointment.  The bleeding lasted for 7 days and really light.  Since it stopped I have had stomach cramps anyone else experienced this?  Really worried and stressed to say the least  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post menopausal bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 03:48:41 PM »

Hi.  Your GP is following protocol and you should be on the 2-3 week pathway for the scan to check the womb.  R U still under the care of the Hospital?  Do U have a family history of blood clots or is there 'no known causation'?

Could U take a cancellation appt if someone can't attend to see the Gynaecologist, if the Hospital is close to where you live, it may be worth while ringing to leave your details. 

All these issues are worrying.  Let us know what support you have too.

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 03:52:15 PM »

The sore nipples sound hormonal (increased estrogen) to me. Are you taking any supplements as part of your health kick? Some can be estrogenic.

AB66

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 06:02:46 PM »

Hi both, thanks for replying  :).   I am on the 2 week pathway, just waiting an appointment to come through.  I do have family history of blood clots but it was a no known cause.  I will do that and leave my details for any cancelled appointment.  I have great support from my daughter, she has been amazing.

Penguin, I thought the same possibly hormonal.  Fingers crossed appointment comes through soon.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 11:49:26 AM »

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck

AB66

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 06:39:00 PM »

Thank you  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 10:49:11 AM »

Hi, I am new to the forum.  Looking for advice please.  I started blood thinners in Feb due to blood clots on both lungs.  Five weeks in taking the blood thinners and a total health style change, strict diet and exercise, I started with really sore nipples and 10 days later started a light period.  I haven't had a period for 2 years and 6 months.  I have spoke to my GP today and been referred to a gynaecologist, just waiting for my appointment.  The bleeding lasted for 7 days and really light.  Since it stopped I have had stomach cramps anyone else experienced this?  Really worried and stressed to say the least  :(

:welcomemm: AB66

All the best with your appointment when it comes. You haven't said how old you are re menopause but could be that the bleeding is due to the blood thinners, but important to be checked out.

Hurdity x

AB66

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 12:59:50 PM »

Hi, I am 57, I thought the same that it was the blood thinners and the fact that I now exercise daily and have a healthy diet which I didn't before the blood clots.  Not sure when I will get an appointment as I phoned to chase yesterday and was told that it might be longer than the 2 weeks which is not good and more time to stress  :( xx